• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Alexander Waived

chknwing

heck yeah, THE Dallas Walker!

Nothing like adding a 27 year old TE that has never logged a NFL stat to show you mean business! ....when your hopeful starting DE goes down

Gettleman definitely got his eyes on that 'ship!

Nothing like adding a 27 year old TE that has never logged a NFL stat to show you mean business! ....when your hopeful starting DE goes down

Usually I'd back this sentiment, but theres nothing on the market right now, and the best bet we'd have at a respectable DE would be after final cuts.

For people wondering why they did this now, remember that for Frank to make it to IR without waivers he would have to be kept on the 53 man roster, then sent to IR.  Doing that would mean that we would have to clear our 4th DE (or whatever 53rd player) through the waiver wire before he could be added to the roster.  On top of that the odds of FA being claimed are lower because he already has two strikes with the drug policy and will have basically missed two seasons.  He also won't be under contract, but would be available to use one of the RFA tenders.  

It is different for KB where it makes no sense to risk him because another team would certainly claim him.  There we will likely be putting our last WR onto the waiver wire, but I think that's fairly safe for our team (not bashing what I think will be Boykin, just saying).

It should be uncomfortable to sit on the Iron Armchair GM Throne

He's never logged an NFL stat and he's already as productive and Frank Alexander has been for us

I trust Gettleman more than I do you. There's reasons for every move made whether we understand it or not. Let the people in charge do their job.

You are probably right, Walker is probably a natural lefty...

Archived