• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other Team's Cuts

Mr. Scot

Please make this happen.  Bruce is an excellent receiver prospect.  As a gamecock fan I'm pulling for Byrd to make the PS because he has a ton of talent and has made the most of his opportunities here.  But Ellington is on another level.  He is a better slot receiver right now than anyone on our roster.

How did I know that would interest you? :)

Ellington has been hurt and was hoping to guarantee a spot based on the KR/PR duties he fulfilled but that Rugby player Hayne has been tearing it up. 

Interesting player but with such limited tape on him I don't think they pick him up. 

Gettleman will stick with known commodities at this point.

A question and a request.

Question:  what is the process for picking up any players that are cut in this round?  Is this like the normal waiver wire, meaning that teams get priority based on draft ranking, or do we have a shot to pick up someone we like ahead of other teams?  Would we normally bring a player in for a tryout?  I assume if we add a player, we have to cut one to stay at 75 active.

Request:  Can this please not be a thread to discuss Corey Brown and moan about what Gettleman is or is not doing about our WR situation, but can it stay focused on news of other players being cut and what they might add to our team?  Some of us don't want to wade through pages of general comments just to find news of those being cut who might be good additions to our roster.  Thanks.

A question and a request.

Question:  what is the process for picking up any players that are cut in this round?  Is this like the normal waiver wire, meaning that teams get priority based on draft ranking, or do we have a shot to pick up someone we like ahead of other teams?  Would we normally bring a player in for a tryout?  I assume if we add a player, we have to cut one to stay at 75 active.

Request:  Can this please not be a thread to discuss Corey Brown and moan about what Gettleman is or is not doing about our WR situation, but can it stay focused on news of other players being cut and what they might add to our team?  Some of us don't want to wade through pages of general comments just to find news of those being cut who might be good additions to our roster.  Thanks.

Procedure is indeed normal waivers.

And agreed.

Archived