• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs, Falcons and Saints all look like complete garbage

R0CKnR0LLA

Brees was in for one drive today and they managed to get a FG on that drive. 

Last week Brees played the 1st quarter and put up 15 on the Pats.

Not sure how that's looking like crap. I think the Saints are the biggest threat in the division, Cooks is healthy and Browner and Lewis are a legit corner duo. 

How good is our front 7?  Pretty darn good right?  Their front 7 is equally as bad.

Lewis looked like doodoo today btw.

Winning another trashy division looks nice on the resume, but in the end you still get your ass kicked by more complete teams who actually compete for championships.

Sigh.  Neither you nor I have the slightest clue what teams will be healthy and/or firing on all cylinders in January.  Survive and Advance.  In the salary cap era, anything can happen.  And right now, on paper, I'd take our defense/QB combo alone over any.

Yeah I'm putting my eggs in the defense basket.    We just score enough points and then let our defense go to work.  Even with out KB I think we can put up 21 points a game.   And then let that vaunted defense take over.

the best offense shula ever put up was 18 ppg. no way in hell we are scoring 3 tds a game. we only put up 7 21+ pt games all of last season, and one of those was garbage time statpadding against the eagles, and the other against ryan lindley.

Only person I'm worried about for the Saints is Cooks.  Dude has a crap ton of speed, and he uses it in a variety of positions on the field a la Sproles.  That can be contained, though.  Atlanta will be better than their preseason indicates [as does ours].  It will come down to us and Atlanta, imo.  Bucs . . . lol.

Sometimes media and fans put WAY too much stock in preseason games.  Dont get too excited or worried about preseason.  It is a another ballgame 2 weeks from now.

I swear to (insert whichever God you pray to here) that I agree with almost everything you post. Never understood a bunch of excitement or depression over preseason, aside from injuries.

I kinda agree with Saints on this one.  We where going places and then KB went down.  And now its like I'm not sure we can beat anybody.    If one player gets hurt other than your QB and all of a sudden the bottom drops out then the team wasn't any good to begin with .

Brees was in for one drive today and they managed to get a FG on that drive. 

Last week Brees played the 1st quarter and put up 15 on the Pats.

Not sure how that's looking like crap. I think the Saints are the biggest threat in the division, Cooks is healthy and Browner and Lewis are a legit corner duo. 

Yea that homer flavor koolaid got people stupid...The Saints are going to have a good offense as per usual so they will put points up on the mid-lower tier defenses which still gives them wins. We got 2 turnovers with our awesome D and only got 1 FG out of it....our offense is going to struggle but Cam will have to put on the cape in the big game moments.

It's still very early but it looks like our defense is going to be able to manhandle some teams this season. Cam might have an up and down season, looking great at times, and terrible at others. Our defense throttled the Falcons and Saints at the end of last season. No contest. Our defense should be even better than last season in my opinion. The question is have the Falcons and Saints retooled their offense to compete with our elite defense? We'll have to wait for the answer and that's part of the fun.

Archived