• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Has the Advantage - Texans Edition

Jackofalltrades

They seem confident that our corners aren't very good. Going to love to see how they feel about that tomorrow when Norman, Peanut and Bene shut them down. Norman owns Julio, he can handle Hopkins easy.

I wouldn't say easy. Both are on the brink of top 10 at their positions. I like Shorts, wish we could have gone after him. But over all, I think we have a slight edge considering they don't have a decent TE to lean on. Our safeties are still towards the bottom half of the league.

I'd say QB, TE, RB, and probably OL go to us on the offensive side (WR to Texans).  DL, CB and S I agree with the push.  If we had CJ of 2 or 3 years ago I'd give it to us easy, but we don't have much of a pass rush right now.  I still like CJ, he's still good, but I dunno if we can count on him for 10-11 sacks a year any more.  Doesn't look like he's regressed in the run game much, so there's that, we just don't have much of a pass rush any more (and no, not considering the pass rush that suddenly came alive late against Jax.  I'll believe it when I see it against a decent team before they have to start passing to play catchup and when they still have their starting LT).  LB with Luke is us by a mile, without Luke it's still us by a kilometer.  ST is probably Texans, Coaching I'd give to the Texans even though I know next to nothing about them.

They seem confident that our corners aren't very good. Going to love to see how they feel about that tomorrow when Norman, Peanut and Bene shut them down. Norman owns Julio, he can handle Hopkins easy.

gotta be careful, sorta like when QBs get all the credit for Wins/ Losses.

we are more familiar with Julio than any other defense.  That helps tremendously.  So has our pass rush.   It isn't like Norman plays man coverage every week and is just locking guys down. 

Nuk s unfamiliar and talented. 

Also, PFF stats aside.....Norman's pick 6 wasn't a display of great coverage but of making a play on the QB.  Norman while they didn't have huge numbers against....he certainly have some issues covering the Jags WRs.   Hence, why they kept attempting throws in his direction. 

Position group break down again, who is better at each group?

QB - Panthers - not even close

RB - Panthers

OL - Panther, especially with their LT out

WR - Texans with KB sidelined

TE - Panthers

DL - Push, IMO Panther have the better group, but Watt is the equalizer here.

LB - Panthers, even without Luke

CB - Push, both have young and promising CB's

S - Push

ST - Push

Coaching - Panthers, despite Shula

How would you break it down?

Right,  so for the bastards who can't math or are soberly challenged (like me),  home field breaks the tie right? 

images.jpg

I'm wondering when folks from other fan bases are going to realise the Panthers have improved their secondary and o-line since the start of last season.

It seems the national narrative about the Panthers is only allowed to change during the off season....so I'm guessing August 2016-ish?

The national media has never been accused of doing too much homework in advance of speculative statements

Archived