• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers PFF Grades - Offense

Jeremy Igo

This isn't normal statistics though. I don't see how Olsen's pass catching impact could have been offset by his run blocking. I'm not doubting he wasn't good at blocking, I just doubt that his performance was equally as bad as his receiving was good. 

he probably didn't block much at all.  He was Cam's main target all game.  

This is why PFF should be taken with a grain of salt... Olsen had a career day and is a .2

Olsen's 0.2 amuses me.

Who gives a poo how he blocked when he's going for 150 yards and two touchdowns 

I was thinking the same thing.

How was olsen downgraded so much due to pass blocking?

Olson must have missed an assignment or something, but he usually isnt used as a blocker.

I was wondering how much relevance should be put into these charts. I think maybe they are meant to help newbs who dont understand football because anyone watching the game knew that Olsen was the second best player on the field yesterday.

he probably didn't block much at all.  He was Cam's main target all game.  

He was in for 36 pass snaps and 29 run snaps, which means he's being asked to run block as half of his job.  If they run to his side on a third of those snaps and he's terrible, that means that 10 plays are potentially out the window.  Not an insignificant number.

That said he had a fatastic game as a receiver and it did not go unnoticed.  However, these ratings are on overall performance and we all mnow that Greg isn't a very good run blocker.  

• Pie 4

He was in for 36 pass snaps and 29 run snaps, which means he's being asked to run block as half of his job.  If they run to his side on a third of those snaps and he's terrible, that means that 10 plays are potentially out the window.  Not an insignificant number.

That said he had a fatastic game as a receiver and it did not go unnoticed.  However, these ratings are on overall performance and we all mnow that Greg isn't a very good run blocker.  

We got Richie Brockel for the run blocking.    Oh wait a minute. . .what exactly do we keep broccoli for?

I seriously doubt this coaching staffs evaluation talents when they keep Brockel over Swole Bones. They both play STs both TEs. Except Swole can actually play ST and can catch and block.  Brockels  a wasted spot must be married to or kin to a Rivera or Richardson

PFF stuff with a grain of salt

almost the whole Oline is in the positive yet we cant run the ball for poo. some of that has to fall on Stewart he seems to be slowing down in the whole. 

I think only a little bit is due to Stewart.   Like 1 in 3 runs for < 2 yard gain he might be missing a small hole he could have run through.  But for the most part it's just not there.  The line is just a big jumble of bodies with no real holes opening up.  Some RBs would bounce the ball outside every time they see that, and who knows...maybe that would be more successful for us right now.  But that's not Stewart's game and I don't think it's the game our coaching staff wants from their RBs.  That style requires good run blocking WRs (we don't have those), and gives you a much higher percentage of truly negative running plays.  Those are drive killers for this offense. 

Edited by Servant of Cthululelei

This is why PFF should be taken with a grain of salt... Olsen had a career day and is a .2

This!  But obviously, he's got a strong positive grade for his receptions, it's his run blocking that negates it.  Anyway, I'll take lots more games like this from Greg, no matter how PFF rates him!