• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Dameshek At It Again..

Lilsmitty09

I should have been more clear, by "selling" I mean "selling" him as the best young QB in the game. Advertisements and endorsements, Cam beats Luck all day, mainly due to his charisma and personality, but there is a reason the Colts play primetime games and get highlights on SNF halftime show and the Panthers dont.

Indeed.

Because the Colts finish with 11 wins every year (6-0 in the AFC south, 5-5 vs the rest of the NFL) and the Panthers don't.

I should have been more clear, by "selling" I mean "selling" him as the best young QB in the game. Advertisements and endorsements, Cam beats Luck all day, mainly due to his charisma and personality, but there is a reason the Colts play primetime games and get highlights on SNF halftime show and the Panthers dont.

Maybe that worm will turn.

Dameshek was absolutely right about the perception thing.  Both of these QBs had extremely strong preconceived notions already formed about them coming out of college... probably more so than any of other player drafted in the past 5 or so years.  Cam was supposed to be the biggest bust in history, and Luck was supposed to be the greatest pick in history.  These preconceived notions are present even today in the narrative that's painted with each of them.

The media knows what the general public thinks of Luck, just as they know what the general public thinks of Cam... and they cater to it.

Props to Dave for bringing up and talking about what no else will... even if they know in the back of their mind that it's there.  Cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing.

Used to listen to him and some other guys on an NFL podcast.It got to the point that the show was more about their lives and experiences than the NFL - as if we cared when their first concert or last movie was.

I then discovered people like Gil Brandt and Polian on NFL channel on Sirius and realized there are adults who will talk football, schemes, personnel, etc. And those guys are old enough and wise enough to know that people are not dying to hear about their personal lives, dates, etc. 

So, not going to wing my way through their soap opera crap anymore. 

Indeed.

Because the Colts finish with 11 wins every year (6-0 in the AFC south, 5-5 vs the rest of the NFL) and the Panthers don't.

i think its more due to Luck being a pocket passing QB that fits the archetypical blue collar, no-nonsense persona that the older generation of NFL fans adore (these same people being the ones that hate celebrations after a first down, TD, or in baseball, a homerun)

Dameshak just asked the question so many here have asked and nailed it. Yes, if the races were reversed, Cam would be revered as a guy with no weapons that's willing his team to wins, while Luck would be the guy with all this talent that can't seem to get his mind right and stop throwing interceptions. 

Brav-fuggin-o to Dameshak for having the guts to put that out there. MJD and Ike leave something to be desired, but they're getting their feet wet in the media game.

The British Eli Manning? Not sure what he was doing there.

I love the other guys 

"I'd want my daughter to marry Andrew Luck...but I don't want Cam even knocking on my door"

smh. You really want a fuggin caveman with the most annoying voice in the world at your door but not Cam?

I'll take Cam or Luke as a son-in-law. Both are what I call Man-pretty.

wish u just told us what he said, but anyways i saw this in the comments

Cam producing with Ginn and some dude named Philly Brown (UDFA) as his starting receivers............... enough said. Dude has been doing more with less since entering the league. And yes, Luck is the most overrated QB EVER! Since 2013, he is 12-0 against the AFC South, 10-12 vs non divisional teams, and 4-13 vs teams with a winning record. Tells you all you need to know right there. Luck continues to throw into double (sometimes even triple) coverage, turns the ball over, all this with a plethora of weapons. In conclusion, Luck is VASLTY overrated and Cam is underrated.

100% agree luck is overrated AF. Beats the jags 1891211210281098212x and gets called elite for some reason

This was a smart PR move by Dameshek.  He knows the wrath of our young and growing fanbase and he knows the Panthers are going to the playoffs this year.

Making a statement like this when nobody else is willing to is very smart, and could potentially shake out well for him.

I love it Dave!

Archived