• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Panthers make any moves over the bye week?

ThinkAboutIt

What draft pick do you give up when you sign a guy to a one year contract?

Apparently at least a 6th,  because afterall, he's essentially playing on a one year contract, which you criticized gettleman for and stated that he's running the team poorly.

in the case of a player who has one year on his deal, you work out a sign and trade, as is commonplace in trades that happen under those circumstances around the league.

If we force fed the ball to Funch through the first 4 games, Cam would have 10 interceptions and we'd be 0-4. He is not even close to where he needs to be. It'll take time, we knew that from the beginning.

Would you have guessed he would only have 3 catches and 38 yards?

Would you have guessed he would only have 3 catches and 38 yards?

No and personally I never liked the pick. Didn't like him much before the draft and on draft day was losing my mind when we not only picked him but traded up for him. Still hoping for the best and trust DG's scouting but did not have high hopes for him at all. He has size but he doesn't know how to use it and it kills me to see it. He gets outmuscled by guys 6 inches shorter than him. Can't high point a ball, doesn't have the my-ball mentality, has struggled with drops, isn't a refined route runner yet. He's extremely fluid for his size and that leaves a lot to be excite for if he can learn how to use his size and refine his routes but I don't believe he'll have an impact this year. Fortunately our team doesn't require great WRs to be successful. If everything else is clicking we can mask that deficiency. Really need to get the run game going though. And I mean the run game not counting Cam.

No and personally I never liked the pick. Didn't like him much before the draft and on draft day was losing my mind when we not only picked him but traded up for him. Still hoping for the best and trust DG's scouting but did not have high hopes for him at all. He has size but he doesn't know how to use it and it kills me to see it. He gets outmuscled by guys 6 inches shorter than him. Can't high point a ball, doesn't have the my-ball mentality, has struggled with drops, isn't a refined route runner yet. He's extremely fluid for his size and that leaves a lot to be excite for if he can learn how to use his size and refine his routes but I don't believe he'll have an impact this year. Fortunately our team doesn't require great WRs to be successful. If everything else is clicking we can mask that deficiency. Really need to get the run game going though. And I mean the run game not counting Cam.

I don't think the run game will have a chance without Cam until KB is back. Man I couldn't imagine having KB on the field right now.

Having Gettleman who is adept at finding talent,  even among undrafted free agents,  mitigates the dealing of later round picks. 

Acceptable deals for vets,  even ones in the last year of their deals is not unthinkable nor out of the ordinary.  

We pretty much must do something (like some of us have been saying for some time) if we want to really go deeper within the post season than last year and maybe even win it all. 

Perhaps some of you should take the BYE week and ponder more on how to improve our offense than focusing on being the unabated apologists that is your modus operandi. 

I don't think the run game will have a chance without Cam until KB is back. Man I couldn't imagine having KB on the field right now.

I don't really know what to make of it yet. The pass protection by the line has been spectacular compared to what Cam's used to (7 sacks through first 4 games is least of his career) but the run blocking hasn't been great. But we have gone up against some solid run defenses in Tampa, Houston and Jax. Stew has looked kind of inconsistent. Will have plays where he just doesn't hit the hole with any burst at all and others where he breaks 3 or 4 tackles and gets 8 yards out of nothing. CAP had some really nice runs this past game. We have no chance of scoring on Seattle if we can't establish the run game without making Cam run it over 10 times.

That would be Bersin.  Boldin was never a super fast guy, but he has good hands (that we don't have) and can catch it over the middle and take some hits.    We need someone with some dependable hands since it's obviously Funchess isn't that guy this year.  

It is funny that you diss Bersin and then overlook how good his hands are.

It is funny that you diss Bersin and then overlook how good his hands are.

Yeah in the vast amount of 18 career receptions he's made some catches, but he's still unproven, can hardly get off the line against CBs and gets pushed around and doesn't have great speed.   Boldin is a proven vet with experience.  Bersin wouldn't make another team's roster in the NFL, but let's crown him after a decent 50 yard game.  

Archived