• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Panthers make any moves over the bye week?

ThinkAboutIt

I say, yes. I still think they are one "good" WR away from being a very good offense. Norwood obviously can't catch anything with a defender on him and Philly Brown is not physically-gifted in any way. 

I bet Duron Carter feels like a fool right now. He'd be getting those plays and opportunities Norwood is, and he'd probably be catching them.

If you think they should make a move, what is it? 

Gettleman showed you last week how quickly he moves when he sees an area of need. 

What does that tell you about the WR position? 

WR and DE aren't exactly the same position in terms of needing to learn the ins and outs of the playbook and being able to plug & play.

Get Healthy. We're actually good at WR. Some of us have been calling for Brenton Bersin for a few weeks now.(And I cant be more happier for the guy.) Getting Jericho cotchery back will be huge for this receiving core.

I really think the moves we need to make are within the team. IE: RB rotation.

Gettleman showed you last week how quickly he moves when he sees an area of need. 

What does that tell you about the WR position? 

This is some homer-esque bullpoo. You do understand the lack of WR depth in our offense right? As soon as we play a legit #1 corner in Seattle everyone is going to witness how much of an issue this is going to be to overcome if we aspire to get a lombardi. I'm not saying that our D can't win this next game in Seattle; Or even that we can't pass on Seattle. Rather, having someone that doesn't demand double coverage aside from a tight end is going to make point scoring against better defenses an issue. We're going to have 8 in the box all game and a tough time running the ball. Hopefully our defense keeps putting our offense in these great positions, but J-no shouldn't be able to put up touchdowns on a consistent basis like this. Hell, I'm for it, but the lack of quarterback talent has padded his stats and how formidable of a corner he is. Given, he is clearly clutch. But, he still has a few things to prove down the stretch. If we get a legitimate wide receiver next to Ginn this team becomes scary. I like the idea of Boldin. I would even like the idea of TO, despite being 41, just because of how big of a body and how consistent his hands are. Philly is a quality backup for Ginn. Bersin is a great rotational player that still has room for improvement. I actually like all of our receivers sans Norwood (I haven't seen enough to make an accurate opinion about his play and fit for this team), but if we want a superbowl, we should definitely make a move for this offense. A WR would be given the time to get caught up during the bye week. Addressing the upcoming four games, teams would have just one more thing to prepare for.

Archived