• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your November Win-Loss Predictions

Jeremy Igo

I'd say 3-1 or 2-2.  A lot depends on our injuries.  I'm a bit concerned with our Oline situation now with Kalil and Norwell.  (And Velasco maybe not 100% either... yikes.)  Also, re: our Dline, sounds like Addison is still out for awhile.  Not sure about Edwards.

The Packers game is the toughest on our schedule.  Would be hard to get a win at full strength and with a full week.  With a short week after an exhausting late Monday night game in the rain, and with our injuries, I'm not sure we'll pull out the win, though I do believe the team's heart and unity counts for a lot, and that we have the belief that we CAN win it, which is huge.

I'm also worried about Dallas.  Dallas is pretty desperate for wins.  If Romo is back, and with Hardy having a grudge against us... on national TV on Thanksgiving, I'm a bit worried that Dallas plays on a whole different level.  Too much to prove... and us having an ULTRA short week playing games on Sunday & Thursday.  I fear we may be too beat up.  I'd been hoping we could rest some guys for at least parts of the Tennessee or Washington games, but given how thin we are on the lines right now, I'm not so sure it will happen.

In summary:  I fully believe we COULD emerge 4-0.  The team has shown me enough to believe they can do it.

But much more likely we'll come out of this stretch 3-1... and that's my "official" prediction.

But the combination of injuries and short weeks also means 2-2 could well be in play.  

It almost feels like extreme "Debbie Downerism" to concede the possibility of 2 losses right now.  I want to believe we'll be 11-0 or at worst 10-1 at the end of November.  But gosh, if at the beginning of the season we'd predicted 9-2, that would have seemed almost extreme optimism.   It's good to be a Panthers' fan right now!

1 minute ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I actually didn't mind Amini Monday night, unlike others.  Velasco is blah, but Amini was damn good in the run game.  

Wasnt his issue pass protection? I thought he was always at least decent in the run game? Seems like he just cant move laterally at all.

10 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I'd say 3-1 or 2-2.  A lot depends on our injuries.  I'm a bit concerned with our Oline situation now with Kalil and Norwell.  (And Velasco maybe not 100% either... yikes.)  Also, re: our Dline, sounds like Addison is still out for awhile.  Not sure about Edwards.

The Packers game is the toughest on our schedule.  Would be hard to get a win at full strength and with a full week.  With a short week after an exhausting late Monday night game in the rain, and with our injuries, I'm not sure we'll pull out the win, though I do believe the team's heart and unity counts for a lot, and that we have the belief that we CAN win it, which is huge.

I'm also worried about Dallas.  Dallas is pretty desperate for wins.  If Romo is back, and with Hardy having a grudge against us... on national TV on Thanksgiving, I'm a bit worried that Dallas plays on a whole different level.  Too much to prove... and us having an ULTRA short week playing games on Sunday & Thursday.  I fear we may be too beat up.  I'd been hoping we could rest some guys for at least parts of the Tennessee or Washington games, but given how thin we are on the lines right now, I'm not so sure it will happen.

In summary:  I fully believe we COULD emerge 4-0.  The team has shown me enough to believe they can do it.

But much more likely we'll come out of this stretch 3-1... and that's my "official" prediction.

But the combination of injuries and short weeks also means 2-2 could well be in play.  

It almost feels like extreme "Debbie Downerism" to concede the possibility of 2 losses right now.  I want to believe we'll be 11-0 or at worst 10-1 at the end of November.  But gosh, if at the beginning of the season we'd predicted 9-2, that would have seemed almost extreme optimism.   It's good to be a Panthers' fan right now!

That is some solid logic but I'm going with 4-0. I see several ways that we can win. Mostly it's the intangibles. The will and the desire. The team finds a way to win. I see the GB game as an opportunity to protect our new weakness by gameplanning around it. If we do that, then I would say the coaching staff has taken the next step and are now doing whatever it takes to win. Like in NE they simply out plan and execute everyone. We win in GB game and we don't lose...evah!

Archived