• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Youngins at the games.

toldozer

I'm not going to tell anyone how to be a parent. Personally, I would wait to bring the little one but that's me and I don't have kids, maybe when that happens, I'll sing a completely different tune.

Keep in mind that if you bring your child and we win, you have to bring the child every game until we lose, rules  are rules. 

Seems like a lot of work and they wont likely enjoy it. 

I started taking my son to preseason games when he was 3. We would ride one of those biker carts in, get food, sit and talk about football and the stadium for 1-2 quarters until he got bored, then we left. I had to carry him up the ramps which was actually super fun. We just made the whole experience easy going and fun, and I'm so glad I did it. It also worked well because it was preseason.

I've taken him to a few regular season the last few years but he didn't really enjoy his first full NFL regular season game until this year at 9 years old. I took him to the Saints game and it was a blast, he was so into it. 

12 minutes ago, Cat said:

Seems like a lot of work and they wont likely enjoy it. 

I started taking my son to preseason games when he was 3. We would ride one of those biker carts in, get food, sit and talk about football and the stadium for 1-2 quarters until he got bored, then we left. I had to carry him up the ramps which was actually super fun. We just made the whole experience easy going and fun, and I'm so glad I did it. It also worked well because it was preseason.

I've taken him to a few regular season the last few years but he didn't really enjoy his first full NFL regular season game until this year at 9 years old. I took him to the Saints game and it was a blast, he was so into it. 

3 is quite a bit of difference than 1 year though. 

Just now, JJman Returns said:

Hell no. What type of crazy person would want to bring their very young, unaware child to a stadium surrounded by 70000 screaming people fueled with adrenaline and alcohol? You are a bad parent if you do that. Plus no one wants to sit next to a crying baby. 

There will be a lot of crying babies there Sunday.  They're called redskin fans.

To each his own.  I started taking my daughter when she was 2, knowing full well, she could want to leave at any minute.  Luckily, she loves the games.  That said, my son is 18 months old and I wouldn't take him if my life depended on it.  He's too mobile and doesn't want to sit for more than 5 seconds...not good at a game, especially in section 503 where he could plummet to his death! 

I did see a couple with a less than year old at the home opener.  They spent most of the game in the concourse with their baby, not my idea of fun, but I was there, too, with my daughter.  I didn't mind because I was with her.  It's basically up to what the parent wants to deal.  do they want to get hammered and talk poo or do they want to drink Sierra Mist and leave when their kid decides its time to go?

Also, you gotta make sure your kid isn't bothering anyone, which is hard to do.

Archived