• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fan Gets Choked By Security, Thrown Out Of Game For “Cheering”

panik

8 minutes ago, Cat said:

Maybe so, but it doesn't justify the choke hold. Of course madhatter would like this post. ugh 

Interesting to note the people around him thought it was way too much force and tried to step in. Seriously how anyone can watch that video and be OK with that boggles my mind. Of course i've seen posters defended some seriously disturbing police videos.

They say 1 in 100 people are psychopaths I think I've spotted some on  this board. 

The choke hold was obviously out of line but the ejection was deserved according to the people I talked to who witnessed it.

8 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Thank goodness for that Bears fan, pulling security's arms off the Panthers fan's neck. It might've been worse. Nice, new stadium & Cowboy fans still want to be like Eagles fans. Geez. 

Yep. Wait.  What the fug was a Bears fan doing there?

8 hours ago, JakeR6 said:

Carotid Restraint, vascular neck restraint or whatever you wanna call it is not deadly force. That's hilarious if you seriously believe that. 

Stabbing him in the throat with a Ka-Bar would've been deadly force. 

Restraining him was a nonlethal method of making him comply. 

Well, if a 3rd rate website trying to generate web traffic said so it must be true. After all, everything on the internet is factual! Right? 

http://247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-Cam-Newton-dabs-in-the-stands-after-a-LeBron-James-dunk-41447776

Kinda like this article stating "Cam Newton dabs in the stands after a LeBron James dunk." The video is edited to show the dunk then Cam dancing while the audio never switches from the LeBron dunk, making it look like Cam is celebrating the dunk by LeBron. But in reality that clip of Cam occurred 5 minutes later during a timeout when they were playing music and showing him on the big screen. But if they say so it must be true! 

it's the only information we have, so until we see something to counter those claims...

1 hour ago, Spaceballs83 said:

Choking a guy is not deadly force. It's a technique used to stop blood from going to the brain and make him pass out. It's also used to gain compliance.

Only time it would be considered deadly force is when you use your arm, while using a similar technique, to break his trachea.

I'm NOT defending the guy, just pointing out that your wrong. 

There are much better techniques to use than a choke hold. But that would require training and money. Maybe if stadiums hired real security instead of fat guys

I asked my dad about the choke hold in law enforcement.  Since he's a retired officer of 25 years I figured he might have some insight.

the choke hold is not allowed or specifically outlawed as a restraint method.

He put it this way, if you have backup you don't need it, if you're alone and it gets physical, put him to sleep.

thats all I have to say about that.

1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

Great...you are one if those guys.  One that actually looks for facts.  You should be ashamed.

Thank god we have someone who's three degrees removed from the situation to give us all the facts.

It seems an authority who over exerted his power was well justified after all.

Way to stick up for a panther fan.

17 minutes ago, PandaPancake said:

There are much better techniques to use than a choke hold. But that would require training and money. Maybe if stadiums hired real security instead of fat guys

Of course there are, but how you going to use them? You have to remember they were in a stadium with people and seats all around you that inhibit you from doing other techniques. Quite frankly, if he had no other choice in restraining the guy, the choke hold would be the best option.  

my first thought when the video started was "that guy looks drunk". Never get out of control at an away game, ever. You are just asking for trouble.

My second thought was "well now we know what happens in Dallas regarding people wearing jerseys of teams not playing today" when all we tend to see is Cowboys and Steelers jerseys on dorks doing that. But I'm glad he was there to try and defend the guys safety.

9 minutes ago, Spaceballs83 said:

Of course there are, but how you going to use them? You have to remember they were in a stadium with people and seats all around you that inhibit you from doing other techniques. Quite frankly, if he had no other choice in restraining the guy, the choke hold would be the best option.  

No, this guy has just always used his size. If you can put a chokehold on you can easily grab the tmj and lead him away from people

Archived