• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle is the 2nd best team in the NFC

MVPccaffrey

31 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Pittsburgh hasn't been the same since they through Dick LeBeau on the sacrificial bonfire last year. The Seahawks aren't even close to the second best team in the NFC now. Cardinals, then Packers (they'll be back soon), Vikes, then maybe Seattle if they don't get overtaken by the Rams or Bucs.

Really guy? Rams or Buccs? Both those teams showed that they are not ready this year. 

46 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

And yet we beat Seattle and Pitt didn't.  Just stop...you are embarrassing yourself.

It's not about thinking we couldn't beat them, hell I said they were the 2nd best, not the best.  But make no mistake, the rest of the NFC outside us is crumbling, except Seattle.  By the time the playoffs are here they'd be the only team considered less than a touchdown dog against us at home, and it really feels like a crap break that despite earning the #1 seed we would get handed them as our first playoff game.

Cardinals beat Seattle in Seattle just a couple of weeks ago.  Its pretty clear at this point they are better than Seattle.  Better qb, better receivers, and at this point, a better secondary.   And as much as we disparage Jimmy Graham, he was their second leading receiver, and he is done for the year.  That is not going to help. 

I was wondering how russell wilson had done on the road in the playoffs...

The answer is 1-1.  He beat washington and rg3 and then lost to atlanta in 2012 in the divisional round.

They have won 4 home games in route to the last two super bowls as the 1 seed.

1 hour ago, mpugh6 said:

While I agree that Seattle is looking really good, Pittsburgh kind of handed them opportunities tonight. The Steelers repeatedly blitzed almost every play, and threw deep on offense, trying to get big chunks.  The Steelers play so impatient. But some credit should be given to the Seahawks. Their offense does seem to be improved.

The way to confuse Wilson is not to Blitz him. He's a quick throw, one read QB. That's his thing, when he can throw quick slant and hitchg routes, or jump balls downfield to his receivers. 

Now, if Pittsburgh would have rushed 3-4 lineman and kept coverage downfield, so Wilson would have to look to his 2nd and 3rd reads, that's when he wants to run. And Pittsburgh defense is fast enough to catch him.

5 minutes ago, Wolfpredator said:

Seattle looks to be getting a little momentum but that Defense against our offense?  Ehhhh....I think if anything we would win in a shoot out against them.  With that said, I really do not want to face them again.  Their luck never seems to run out with us.

It did when we faced them last time. They lost remember?...

Archived