• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, that didn't take long.. (Saints blog crying about the refs)

Raskle

I haven't read every post in this thread, but my 02c which means nothing to anyone:
- refs were horrible for not only allowing 12 at the line but doing it at least twice.
- equally horrible for allowing a challenge to be reviewed on that
- if you can show me that Olsen completed a football move before losing the ball on that "fumble" I'll buy you a drink
- holding was happening everywhere
- multiple block int he backs on ST - including the returned PAT

REFS SUCKED.

Was not the reason we won, nor the reason they lost.

21 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Lol anyone notice on the Saints last 4th down play Finnegan literally getting clotheslined and held on his blitz? What do they think about that one?

Yep, that was Armstead with the old choke-hold block.

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

The ball hit the camera woman in the butt after the bounce.  I'm pretty sure that's why he got the flag.  You could see her holding her butt after it happened, if I recall correctly.

she wasn't a camera woman. She was Saints personnel of some sort.

She ain't gonna be on the field ever again.

36 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

This, I was curious why we didn't challenge. Clear as fuging day Olsen never made a football move and never really had possession.

Couldn't challenge because it was SUPPOSED to be automatically reviewed anyway since it was a turnover.  I challenge that they actually reviewed it.

my favorite:

"[–]DwightKPoop 1 point 4 minutes ago 
He must've done something to get the flag. But when the ref tells Cam that he can't have the ball to celebrate with the fans, Cam says fug it and gets it anyway, there's no penalty. No problem with him giving the ball away, but the problem is that he could do it even after the ref said no. Just undermines their authority and looks bad in my opinion."

iPydduaC5I5sr.gif

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Refs gifted them a td fumble on stews forward progress.  Sorry if I can't muster any sympathy for them over "shitty refs"

Well that and the CB held Ginn in the pick. Let's not forget the helmet to helmet on Cam that prevented a TD.  That guy is going to get fined. 

2 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Helmet to helmet doesn't count for a runner.

lol ...intentional helmet to helmet is considered a malicious hit and whatever the player is doing with or without the football is irrelevant 

Michael Mauti will be fined this week for his goalline helmet to helmet hit on Cam Newton...imho 

"I won’t go so far as to say the refs were the reason the Saints lost this game, they gave up 41 points to a mediocre QB and a bad offense."

You have to be kidding me!  LOL!!!!!  Cam was anything but mediocre and won this game pretty much all by himself.

28-41, 331 yards, 5 TDS, QBR 86.7 and Passer Rating 122.0

Let the hate flow through you Brian Pavek :)  Saints tears are delicious.

51 minutes ago, aussiePanther said:

I haven't read every post in this thread, but my 02c which means nothing to anyone:

- if you can show me that Olsen completed a football move before losing the ball on that "fumble" I'll buy you a drink

He rolled over on the ground, what's he supposed to do?  He caught the ball (it clearly showed it didn't touch the turf), then rolled over.  I'm not sure how many "football moves" you can do on the ground anyway.  Is he required to roll twice?

6 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

He rolled over on the ground, what's he supposed to do?  He caught the ball (it clearly showed it didn't touch the turf), then rolled over.  I'm not sure how many "football moves" you can do on the ground anyway.  Is he required to roll twice?

It seems like you guys are talking about two different plays.

Aussie is talking about the play where Olsen "caught" the ball but without a firm grip and it slipped out of his hands when he was bringing it to his body. The ruling on the field was a fumble. For some reason, there was apparently never any review of the play, even though I thought the NFL required a review for every change of possession.

Stan is talking about the play on fourth down where Olsen caught the ball with his fingertips and rolled over securing possession. There was one angle where it seemed the ball shifted in his hands when he completed the second roll, but one angle seemed to show that his hands were under the ball the entire time anyway.

4 minutes ago, Icebox said:

It seems like you guys are talking about two different plays.

Aussie is talking about the play where Olsen "caught" the ball but without a firm grip and it slipped out of his hands when he was bringing it to his body. The ruling on the field was a fumble. For some reason, there was apparently never any review of the play, even though I thought the NFL required a review for every change of possession.

Stan is talking about the play on fourth down where Olsen caught the ball with his fingertips and rolled over securing possession. There was one angle where it seemed the ball shifted in his hands when he completed the second roll, but one angle seemed to show that his hands were under the ball the entire time anyway.

Dang, that's why we didn't challenge it. Turnovers are automatically reviewed anyway... except in this case for some reason.

Archived