• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A message to all of the Falcon fans coming out of the woodwork to talk poo

Hotsauce

47 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I realize that most of you dont have to deal with Falcon fans on a regular basis like us people who live in Atlanta, so I know this thread may not be all that relevant.

However, I have had all kinds of people talk crap to me over the Falcons win on Sunday.  I hope you guys don't mind me venting a bit on here, as I don't have too many Panther fans I can discuss this with in person.

By the time I drove from the GA dome, to my home in the suburbs of Atlanta I had 20, yes 20 texts from various friends, work colleagues, and family members all trying to brag about their win.  I also am getting hit up on social media as well.  

The loss really doesn't piss me off.  Part of me is relieved we aren't carrying the "undefeated monkey" on our backs anymore.  Maybe I am letting it get under my skin more than I should. I understand it was their Super Bowl. They are done and they are out. This was all they had to play for. 

Why I am annoyed is that I can't find a way to articulate that I really don't care in my responses. I guess there is no real way to respond back to these people since they are all high from their win. 

Anyway, I need to stop being a whiney bitch and move on!  Sorry to rant, just needed to get it off my chest!

Keep Pounding

It was those drunk college kids sitting in front of us that annoyed me more than the rest of the "happy Falcons won" crowd were as the game came to an end.  Who wears a winter ski cap in 70 degree weather? I know it can be chilly in the Dome, bro, but still.

Plus, they kept dabbin'.  Which to me really meant that they wanted to be like Cam. Can't hate anyone for that.

5 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

It was those drunk college kids sitting in front of us that annoyed me more than the rest of the "happy Falcons won" crowd were as the game came to an end.  Who wears a winter ski cap in 70 degree weather? I know it can be chilly in the Dome, bro, but still.

Plus, they kept dabbin'.  Which to me really meant that they wanted to be like Cam. Can't hate anyone for that.

When we were walking out, these douchebags who were sitting on the couches inside the club level, watching the game on TVs, all started talking all kinds of poo to me and my wife. 

We were leaving quietly and these guys were jarring at us for being Panther fans. One of them even got up and was walking towards me yelling, and I said "sit your ass back down on that couch, where you will be watching the Panthers play in January", and we continued to walk out. 

My wife thought I was a badass :)

on the flip side of the coin I have seen so many "Panthers fans" this year come out of the woodwork who are acting like complete jackasses and starting to give our fanbase, which generally is one of the better ones in the NFL, a bad name 

Atlanta played their Super Bowl in December--it was a trap game for the Panthers.  Sure, they got us like Buster Douglas on Mike Tyson--or Stallone vs Creed in the 70s.  Congrats.  Without the burden of having anything to lose, they managed to win. 

Atlanta fans will watch the Super Bowl as they have in the past save once--and as old as their franchise is, they can't brag about more post-season success than the first-generation Panthers. 

Falcons post seaon record:  6-12

NFC chanpionship appearances: 3

Super Bowl appearances: 1

The Panthers' post season record: 6-6

NFC championship appearances:  3

Super Bowl Appearances: 1

Overall records

Atlanta:  330-431-6 (767 games)

Carolina: 165-169-1 (335 games)

So the Panthers have been a team less than half of the time the Falcons have been a team in the NFL, but have achieved as many playoff wins, NFC Championship appearances and titles, and Super Bowl appearances. 

So maybe this explains why the 12-year old big brother is bragging about kicking his 5-year old little brother's butt on a lucky punch-. 

The Falcons can bask in the sub-mediocrity of their existence while the young Panthers seek to surpass the Dirty Birds in the annals of Post-season success. 

36 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

When we were walking out, these douchebags who were sitting on the couches inside the club level, watching the game on TVs, all started talking all kinds of poo to me and my wife. 

We were leaving quietly and these guys were jarring at us for being Panther fans. One of them even got up and was walking towards me yelling, and I said "sit your ass back down on that couch, where you will be watching the Panthers play in January", and we continued to walk out. 

My wife thought I was a badass :)

Think I saw the same dude.  

Don't feed the trolls.

OTOH, who's watching a game from THAT couch in January? The concessions won't even be open.

God Bless you man, I live in atl too it's been brutal, almost identical situation i had about 15 txt messages and a ton of FB notifications. This is why i hate GA sports biggest fair weather fans ever.........is it like that in Charlotte ?

but i also have a friend who's a vikes fan and thank him for crushing there dreams abruptly 

Archived