• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Johnson is cementing his exile from the Panthers...

Hotsauce

What's the deal with CJ as of late?  I'm not asking about his playing, because we all know it's been really terrible since he got back from IR (and that honestly could be its own thread). I am talking about what he is doing off the field.

Case in Point. At 8pm Sunday night some fan sent him a personal message on Facebook following the Falcons win. It was a brutally honest message from some fan that may have crossed the line.  What does CJ do? He publicly blasts the guy all over Facebook and tells all of his followers to share and harass this guy.  That post has since been deleted.

Im going to go out on a limb and guess all NFL players get tons of private messages on social media.  Some are probably hate messages. And I would bet they don't even respond to 5% of the messages they receive. 

The fact of the matter is CJ is a professional athlete making millions of dollars. He should be held to a level of certain standards. 

I just think this incident is in extremely poor taste. You combine this with the other things that has happened this season (following the first Atlanta game he had words he tweeted about his displeasure of being pulled early). 

The ironic thing is if you look at the photo below, which I took from his FB page, it's his screen shot of the conversation direct message between him and this upset fan. If you look at this fans first message to CJ in 2013, it was in regards to buying CJs jersey, which most athletes feel is the highest way a fan can honor them. 

image.png

I mean, fan is correct and saying what we all want to say.  CJ WAS the one whining about playing time, so he's opened that can of worms up.  I doubt he'd get so much flack if he was producing.   CJ is easily knocked off his rocker.  I think he's blocked me on twitter before about way less things that what that guy said.  

I'd guess he'd have more defenders had he not bitched about being sat in the 4th a few weeks back.  You know why I can bitch about Charles Johnson and his retarded assed tweet a few weeks back?  at 20 mil a year, he gets paid 1.25 million per game, break it into quarters and he gets paid 312,500$ per quarter...so let me get this straight, he just got paid as much as I'll make in the next 7 years of my life to sit on a fuging Bench...and he's fuging complaining?  Sorry if I don't feel much sympathy for him being bullied by the "meanies" on facebook.  Want us to shut up about your dumbassery CJ?  Don't take up a roster spot of someone who will actually perform.

2 minutes ago, Piff said:

Sending athletes and entertainers messages to voice your opinion about them is so lame. I'm on Charles' side on this one.

It is, and it's dumb, but why the fug should he give 2 flying shits about what anyone says?  If only he could dry his eyes with his hundred dollar bills in his gold plated bed.

3 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

It is, and it's dumb, but why the fug should he give 2 flying shits about what anyone says?  If only he could dry his eyes with his hundred dollar bills in his gold plated bed.

I'm sure he is upset about not playing well and the team losing. I don't think it's a mystery why it would piss him off.

Archived