• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawks Fans are mad RW isn't MVP

Lilsmitty09

13 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam Newton = Michael Jordan

Russell Wilson = Isiah Thomas

Isiah was a great player, one of the best. 

But he was no MJ. 

The issue with this is Isiah had more heart and was a better winner. He didn't have anywhere near MJ's natural talent, size and athleticism but that man played harder than anybody. He put up 16 points in 94 seconds to send a playoff game to OT and scored 25 in a quarter in a Finals game with only 1 ankle. Cam has Isiah's heart and MJ's natural talent and athleticism. Russell has Isiah's talent (lesser than Cam) but not his heart either.

(granted I am biased because I loved the Bad Boys back in the day--Isiah was my favorite with Dumars a close second--and couldn't stand the Bulls or MJ)

10 hours ago, DabDeezNuts224 said:

This is pretty sad. I live in Georgia and I drove to Charlotte to watch the game and had a great time with Panthers fans at the game and for the most part there was some really good people I met. Hopefully nobody from this board because it's pretty embarrassing reading a lot of your posts. We get it, everyone gets it, Cam is having a good MVP year. Why the obsession with Russell? Nobody is mad he isn't MVP, he didn't start the season off that great and we had a rough road but we still made it into the playoffs, broke a lot of records. Carolina finally succeeded at beating us at Home this year finally, out of how many times? and they have beaten you in your house how many times? Not to take anything from Carolina's year but there is no need to act like an Ass hat when Carolina finally gets a good run going. I'll be at the game when in fact seattle does beat Minnesota and i look forward to the match ups. If Seattle ends your season in your house then what will the excuses be when all you have to show for the season is Cams MVP?

Pretty sad you came to a Carolina Panthers fan board when we're not even playing you. Go to the Vikings boards and rip on Teddy, maybe it'll make you feel better about yourself.

14 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

The issue with this is Isiah had more heart and was a better winner. He didn't have anywhere near MJ's natural talent, size and athleticism but that man played harder than anybody. He put up 16 points in 94 seconds to send a playoff game to OT and scored 25 in a quarter in a Finals game with only 1 ankle. Cam has Isiah's heart and MJ's natural talent and athleticism. Russell has Isiah's talent (lesser than Cam) but not his heart either.

(granted I am biased because I loved the Bad Boys back in the day--Isiah was my favorite with Dumars a close second--and couldn't stand the Bulls or MJ)

No pie for being a Detroit fan in the late 80s early 90s. I hated those cheap shot artists. Except Dumars. No problem with him. But Isaiah was like a megalomaniac out there...well I guess MJ was too. It was mostly Lambeer (sp?) that I hated. But Isaiah was not likable in any way other than he was good.

30 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

If Wilson only had one thing it would be heart. I'm not sure where you are going with that. It's probably is most notable aspect. And he makes me want to vomit.

12 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

No pie for being a Detroit fan in the late 80s early 90s. I hated those cheap shot artists. Except Dumars. No problem with him. But Isaiah was like a megalomaniac out there...well I guess MJ was too. It was mostly Lambeer (sp?) that I hated. But Isaiah was not likable in any way other than he was good.

I don't think they were cheap shot artists at all. The Celtics and Lakers started all that sh*t. That's the way basketball was played back then. For some reason Detroit got the Bad Boys label instead of those pieces of sh*t in Boston and LA, and what Detroit got from those teams carried over into when they played the Bulls.

Just now, csx said:

If Wilson only had one thing it would be heart. I'm not sure where you are going with that. It's probably is most notable aspect. And he makes me want to vomit.

I've watched him play a fair amount and one play from this past Sunday proves my point exactly. Wilson was running right into the end zone and slid just before the goal line and didn't get in. Isiah Thomas would've put his life on the line to get into that end zone. MJ would've. And you damn well know for sure that Cam will do whatever is humanly possible to get into the end zone. Wilson always does that wimpy little arm extension and runs out of bounds. Take Cam's first down run against the Falcons in the loss where he literally dragged the entire Falcons defense on his back for 7 or 8 yards after contact to get the first down. Yes, Wilson does not have the strength and size of Cam but that's irrelevant when you watch how both of them play the game. Wilson is a great player and I respect him as one of the best in the league. But he doesn't have anywhere near Isiah's or Cam's heart. Isiah played like he was Bill Laimbeer's size and took guys on like Parish and Bird who were a foot taller than him and 100 pounds more. Cam literally puts the team on his back in any situation just like Isiah. I've never seen Wilson do that.

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

Pretty sad you came to a Carolina Panthers fan board when we're not even playing you. Go to the Vikings boards and rip on Teddy, maybe it'll make you feel better about yourself.

^this

1 hour ago, SeahawksChamps2016 said:

Yet this whole thread is based off of one of you guys coming to fan board and taking one of our threads lol. We arent even mad Cam is MVP good for him.

I personally wouldn't have started this thread because I don't go around to other boards but it looks to me like the person who started this thread, who lives in Washington, saw this on his facebook which isn't him going to some Seahawks fan board. I don't know how facebook works but I doubt it's like these fan forums.

Archived