• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt's Take on Feeley

Urrymonster

More reason to have in Moore than either Jake or Feeley.

I agree...Matt Moore engineered two victories in 2007 when the season was practically over. I was there for one of them and I'll never forget his poise and accuracy against a hungry Seahawks team. He needs a chance to start from the first snap and play the whole game. The eagles were dropping everyone into coverage because they knew he would be throwing it. Thats the worst situation for a young QB to be in so you can't judge him for what we saw on Sunday (I still think he made some good throws).

And why hasn't anyone brought this up...what if feely is coming in to Matt's backup? I know its far fetched but maybe the Panthers are worried that Jake has another bad day and Moore has to come in. If he gets hurt then we have to go back to Jake after he's been pulled. I think its foolish to say they have given up on Moore, Fox just likes to have veterens around. Remember they eventually came to their senses in 07 and let the kid start even with Carr and Testaverte on the roster.

The Panthers brought in McCown last year and he immediately became the #2 (when Moore was hurt) and remained the #2 until Sunday when he got hurt. If the Panthers thought Moore was the answer, Moore would have been #2 when he returned from his injury last year and/or he would have been #2 this year. To me, this shows a huge mistake by the Panthers. IF they did not think Moore was the long-term solution/heir to Jake, why keep him? Also, IF they thought McCown was the long-term solution/heir to Jake, why did they put him on IR when he would be healthy in 4-weeks or so?

Over the last few years, there have been no young QB's the Panthers saw that they could have brought in to develop if there current mix (Moore, McCown) wasn't the solution? This surprises me more than them sticking with Jake this season.

As badly as Jake has played, the Panthers must still think he is the best option for them. This is hard to believe, and frankly discouraging, but it is what it is. And if you look at the waiver wire, there really are no other decent options for QB right now. Anyone they could bring in now would only be a bandage on a huge wound.

I agree 100%. One of the biggest failures of the Fox/Hurney era has been to have another viable QB on the roster that was able to step in and/or be the QB of the future. They have tried - but have failed miserably and now the franchise is going to pay for it.

I hope Jake can get his head out of his ass, the O-line can provide good protection, and our Defense doesnt get shredded by Atlanta's run and passing game or its going to be looooonggggg Sunday and possibly season.

I enjoy how people say, "Delhomme hasn't done anything since early 2007! That's so long ago!!1!1!" And then they say, "But Matt Moore did it recently, in 2007!!1!!1!" If he had driven them for a TD and not a pick and a turnover on downs, maybe it'd be different. I like his pocket presence but it takes an hour for his throw on an out route to arrive to the receiver.

If they had complete faith in Moore, he would've been made #2 in the off-season and they more than likely would have never made Jake the extension. When you know you have the next big thing on your bench (read: Aaron Rodgers sitting behind Favre) you make him your QB when the time comes. So...according to Jake's contract, Moore is supposed to ride the bench another three years? Look, Moore Lovers, I know he won us two games the other year...but you know who else won us a game? Testeverde.

Archived