• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFC Wild Card games thread

Mr. Scot

Just now, crushcard1976 said:

Lol Marvin Lewis said reason they did not kneel down and make Steelers call timeouts said he did not believe they were in Field goal range on the 20 something yardline.

no reason to kneel, but your guys should absolutely know the ONE THING YOU DONT DO IS FUMBLE. don't fight for yards, just get the fug down.

3 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

I'm all for hating the Steelers, guys, but that hit over the middle was a carbon copy of OBJ on Norman.

Shaziers hit was bad but it didn't cost the Bengals the game. All they had to do was run out the clock and not lose their minds, and they failed at both. This loss is all on them.

They're hits definitely were not the same at all. I think it was dirty but a case can be made that he wasnt sure if he had the ball or not.

OBJ was an OFFENSIVE player that ran straight for JNO's head, no debate whatsoever what his intentions were.

It was clearly in incomplete pass.. Burfict comes in lowers his head to make that hit well after the ball goes through Brown's hands. Disgusting play IMHO. Had all the time in the world not hit AB or simply run into him without lowering his head anywhere near ABs head to make the hit.

Just now, Pox 08 said:

The Burfict play happened fast.  Looked to me like he was aiming his shoulder at Brown's chest,  from his angle wasn't sure if Brown had the ball or not.   Last second,  Brown bent over.and lowered his head.  Looked more like an accidental hit to Brown's helmet.    Which,   as I said,  should definitely be flagged all the same..I just don't think it was head hunting. 

I mean,  that announcer was trying to imply that Burfict's sack on Big Ben was dirty also and head hunting.   When it was a legal football sack. 

Gio gets knocked out by a Steeler launching himself in a helmet to helmet.............  all we heard was "Yeah,  yeah, that is just a good legal hit,    Gio made a football move". 

I agree with you about the announcers, Nantz and Simms are idiots who act personally offended about certain penalties on certain players and not on others. Gio getting knocked out was an abomination. Shazier should be done for a game minimum. If the NFL wants to stop be a laughingstock, they need mandatory 1 game minimum suspensions for head hunting. 

Burficts sack was a clean, hard hit, somewhat reminiscent of TD58 re-injuring Romo's collarbone on that sack. I really don't think Burfict accidentally hit his helmet. He immediately patted his shoulder when gesturing to the ref, arguing that it wasn't a penalty as he didn't go helmet-to-helmet. But with Burficts reputation, and the way that game was going, he is a freaking idiot to hit a guy that late. And it doesn't hurt that the NFL goes to great lengths to protect star WR's. Antonio Brown sold that hit very well, and he is arguably the biggest WR in the game, bigger than OBJ, who was allowed to head hunt Norman with almost no repercussion.

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

I agree with you about the announcers, Nantz and Simms are idiots who act personally offended about certain penalties on certain players and not on others. Gio getting knocked out was an abomination. Shazier should be done for a game minimum. If the NFL wants to stop be a laughingstock, they need mandatory 1 game minimum suspensions for head hunting. 

Burficts sack was a clean, hard hit, somewhat reminiscent of TD58 re-injuring Romo's collarbone on that sack. I really don't think Burfict accidentally hit his helmet. He immediately patted his shoulder when gesturing to the ref, arguing that it wasn't a penalty as he didn't go helmet-to-helmet. But with Burficts reputation, and the way that game was going, he is a freaking idiot to hit a guy that late. And it doesn't hurt that the NFL goes to great lengths to protect star WR's. Antonio Brown sold that hit very well, and he is arguably the biggest WR in the game, bigger than OBJ, who was allowed to head hunt Norman with almost no repercussion.

I don't believe Brown sold the hit.  I think he was knocked the fug out. That hit was brutal, even if it was unintentional.  

8 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

I'm all for hating the Steelers, guys, but that hit over the middle was a carbon copy of OBJ on Norman.

Shaziers hit was bad but it didn't cost the Bengals the game. All they had to do was run out the clock and not lose their minds, and they failed at both. This loss is all on them.

No it wasn't. Josh stood around, watching his guys tackle, and OBJ helmet-to-helmeted him. A. Brown was a moving target falling down, and Burfict clipped him on the head. Whether intentional or not is the debate, but at full speed, I think it was more chance than intention.

3 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

This^ all day

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

The dude dropped his head you dumb fug.  Your allowed to tackle a guy.  The NFL just wanted to let the Steelers win.  Helmet to helmet = no call,  tackling with shoulder = penalty.  That not right. 

Uhm... there was nearly a full second between the ball tipping off Brown's hands, and Burfict hitting him. Meanwhile, Burfict was staring him down the whole time. You will never convince me that Burfict didn't mean to hit Brown the way he did. Burfict could have at least tried to avoid Brown. He did nothing of the sort. 

But no worries. Don't let me stop your fantasy world conspiracy theories about the NFL rigging games.

The hit was dirty. It was flagged and the team that deserved to win ended up winning. 

Archived