• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our Spanish Speaking Broadcast Getting Exposure

weyco2000

Jaime and Luis began to be mini-celebrities. An American woman asked Jaime if he needed blood-pressure medicine during games. His emails from South America and Mexico were through the roof. A contingent of Mexican fans were flying in for games, and Hector Lerma Gonzalez, who regularly made the trip, said, "I have a lot of friends that due to their broadcasting style have ... left more traditional teams like the Cowboys to become Panthers fans."

very cool 

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

Love those guys. I will probably turn on their broadcast this sunday while I'm watching the game. Helps when you understand the color commentary between the spectacular plays lol.

I don't understand spanish but I wonder how is the rest of their broadcast outside of the highlights we have seen.  Are they interesting and knowledgeable in general?

That article was a great read on two guys who passion is finding a niche with huge ramification over time and maybe without their not even realizing it.

The Hispanic population is the fastest growing demographic in the US and Charlotte is the fastest growing city of this demographic among the top 30 population centers in the US.

Over time this has the potential for huge rating and revenue for all concerned and these guys are in there first............good for them and all our Hispanic friends of the Panthers........

41 minutes ago, w280sax said:

I don't understand spanish but I wonder how is the rest of their broadcast outside of the highlights we have seen.  Are they interesting and knowledgeable in general?

Yes. And very fun as well. It's there just as knowledgeable about the Panthers as the english-speaking media. But they're more passionate on spectacular plays. And the Latin feel of the broadcast is very unique at least to me.

Archived