• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schein's knees buckle...

pantherj

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I loathe schein but you can't fault a man for admitting his mistake however retarded his opinions were. It was a really well written article.

But did he admit his mistake?

I've never thought saying "Cam was everything I said he was before and he's great now because he fixed everything I said he needed to fix!" to be much an admission of error.

His mistake "admission" is about as genuine an admission as "I'm sorry you took offense to my statement!" is an apology.

I do not enjoy listening to Adam Schein talk. His voice is so annoying. And sometimes it's so obvious that his opinions sway in the wind, first this way then that way. But I will give everyone, including the most annoying, the time to make their opinions known. Why? Well, kids, let me tell you.

I'm positive there are at least a few older than 30 here that clearly remember our first SB journey. Heck, before the NFCCG game in Philly we were so dissed and underdogged and disrespected. Almost every story started with, "Who are the Panthers?", and they really meant it. I mean, really meant it. Half the US of A didn't know where Charlotte NC was & didn't remember we had an NFL team. Cardiac Cats indeed. No one but Panther fans were aware of us. And, although the Patriots showed us respect, it continued to the Super Bowl.

But Adam Schein believed. He stuck by us all the way through the Super Bowl. And for that alone, he gets a pass from me. Plus, this is a well written, "I confess" article. I'll take it.

Not even going to read his article. He's way past redemption from his ignorance and hate of Carolina. 

Most of the football broadcast nerds are Anti Carolina. fug you, you & you. Bill Barnwell? or something like that had a podcast I listened to the past 2 years and have shitted on cam and carolina forever. fug him too. talking heads

29 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

But did he admit his mistake?

I've never thought saying "Cam was everything I said he was before and he's great now because he fixed everything I said he needed to fix!" to be much an admission of error.

His mistake "admission" is about as genuine an admission as "I'm sorry you took offense to my stayement!" is an apology.

I agree.  I don't hate Schein, I think he's okay sometimes, but the whole "Cam didn't get it" thing is so completely overblown.  And the biggest thing is, Cam may have had a sulky moment here and there in his first couple of seasons, but at the time Schein completely buried him and the Panthers he was a model player and was well past all of that.

9 minutes ago, Nomad82 said:

As long as some still view black people as less than and child like, it'll never stop.

Did you know that white QBs dance around to celebrate? Click the link for proof. Ever hear anyone complain? Things are slowly improving though.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A989E5AE801303238236592062464_4fa7854b166.5.1.17955329352938110357.mp4?versionId=OCRX4NjtyTuNrzOOQzGrBaZsGKNwiCRP

Cam has set a good example for anyone who is constantly dissed and doubted by those around them.

Believe in yourself, stay the course, continue to improve and take the high road when dealing with your critics...

and one day you too may have all the nattering nabobs of negativism, "experts", eating crow out of your hand.

Here is something that is kind of sad. I think Manning is going to be portrayed by the media as a wonderful and humble gift from heaven, and Cam is going to be portrayed as the arrogant disrespectful jerk. I hope not, but that opportunity might be too tempting for the media to pass up.

You guys do realize that when you win the big one, it doesn't make everyone else love your team, right? Winners are reviled by the fans of the other teams in the league. Everyone has a target on you, everyone is drawing a bead.

Do you love the Patriots for their SB wins? Do you live for the Steelers, 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, Colts or Giants? How about them Redskins and Cowboys? Saints?

No. If you're a Panthers fan, you hate them. 

Winning the Lombardi trophy will only make real football fans outside of our existing fan base hate us. 

I'm cool with that.

Archived