• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope DG learned something tonight

KillaCamNewton

9 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

DG wasn't calling 1st down runs into a stone wall all night.

The OC was... with the HC's approval.

But, hey, look at it this way... we're taking home the Super Bowl Time of Possession Champion Trophy tonight!

You're right, Shula should have been calling more pass plays while Cam was going 18-41 and receivers dropping the ball left and right.  Or we could have ran more east to west where the speed of their linebackers would have had dropped us multiple times for negative yards.  You're brilliant.

10 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Which is why I said Dave shouldn't be bragging about his brilliance until the season is over because this team looked like it lacked serious offensive talent last night. 

Hey, it was the same offensive talent that scored 500 regular season points to lead the league.  (ok yeah, some of that was defensive points, and we got lots of great field position due to defense-forced turnovers..., but even taking those things into account, we still led the league in offensive scoring, I believe.)

I agree more/better offensive talent IS needed.  But I think much of last night had to do with scheme and coaching.  We didn't have the right plan & preparation for Denver's D.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

personnel didn't lose this game. we had the guys we needed to win but we didn't because the moment was too big for us. we crumbled. for whatever reason we got punched early on and it stunned us and we couldn't regroup.

next year we come back better and finish what we started.

That's because they aren't that good to begin with. 

4 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Hey, it was the same offensive talent that scored 500 regular season points to lead the league.  (ok yeah, some of that was defensive points, and we got lots of great field position due to defense-forced turnovers..., but even taking those things into account, we still led the league in offensive scoring, I believe.)

I agree more/better offensive talent IS needed.  But I think much of last night had to do with scheme and coaching.  We didn't have the right plan & preparation for Denver's D.

And when we did it was player execution that cost us. Countless first down drops, fumbles, coverage sacks. 

9 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

I give DG a pass for having little cap space to work with, but it should be clear as day that this dumpster diving strategy isn't going to win when it matters. The two positions he refused to address - tackle and wide receivers- were the obvious weaknesses that just costed us a Lombardi. 

I disagree on OT. Oher was big pickup on the cheap, and he did his job all season. He also drafted Williams, who should replace Remmers as starter next season (I hope). I think WR should have been better addressed via FA the second Benji went down. Our guys all above their talent levels, but ultimately, it wasn't enough. 

I trust Gettleman to get us back - with better talent - now that our finances are in better shape.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

That's because they aren't that good to begin with. 

not sure how to take that comment, but i think this team played above expectations all season, but it was good enough to win it all. it just didn't.

like i said, the moment was just too big for them. it won't be next year. with just a little bit of tweaking in personnel and scheme and with a big confidence and experience building year for this young team i think this team is going to be among the most dominant for the the next 5-10 years.

i really see the potential for a dynasty in the very near future.

but one step at a time. this team has a bad taste in it's mouth and they've got time for a lot of introspection as individuals and as a team and i 100% they right it.

every single setback this team has had in the last couple years they have righted and that's because they live the "keep pounding" mantra. they don't give up. they just keep fighting and they do their best fighting when they have stumbled, which is what just happened. we stumbled. we'll get back up, though. and we'll be better than before.

19 minutes ago, UKPanther94 said:

We are about to enter the GETTLEMAN ZONE of the year, time to get those nippleshorts ready 

yep, and despite losing, this team has gained a reputation as a great team/family to be a part of and we'll see players pushing their agents to work out a deal so that they can be a part of this.

the window is far from closing and i think the league knows this.

Archived