• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously wtf is this Charlotte?

London Loves Luke

6 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

When, in the past, did Cam "give it" to the sports media?

As far as my observations are concerned, Cam has been nothing but RESPECTFUL to the sports media for years, even after they chewed him up and spit him out at Auburn and during the NFL draft process.

Or is your point that because Cam expresses joy in his chosen career on the field, it is incumbent upon sports media to take him down a peg or two?  Because if that is what you're saying, then that is equally stupid.

I rather Cam stay joyful and play like a child in the schoolyard than get jaded by all this.  It's who he is and when he is best.

LOL Cam got his eh?

Gotta love how being happy, giving footballs to kids, charity work, and dancing on your side of the field means you deserve to lose and be humiliated and trash talked down and have your character assassinated. This is why like that other person stated I hate people in general....they like nothing more than to see someone else fail like them...suffer like them...misery loves company and there are a poo ton of miserable losers out there looking to make themselves feel better.

52 other guys on the team but I guess the two NFL man of the year award winners on this team deserve it too huh.......

1 minute ago, Cookie Lyon said:

The NFL is shady, so it's possible that it was a set up.

Chris Harris claims that he didn't know Cam Newton was on the other side of the curtain, but I'm not sure I believe him because he was so loud when he was talking about their strategy to shut down Cam and the offense.

The players were only separated by a curtain..the reporters however were visible to both players due to the multitude of them..he had to know someone else was being interview..now if he was under the impression that only Broncos players were there then I can understand his statement due to how opening day was set up..which again brings me to my point that if he was thinking that only broncos players were being interviewed at that time and the NFL switched it up well you have a setup in the making..

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

When has the media disrespected Cam? If you're saying that this article is disrespecting Cam, then you're just as emotionally butt-hurt as the rest of the Panthers fans who shouted "it's all in good fun", when Cam was "just being Cam", and telling people "Too bad they dont make Band-Aids for feelings."

I see you totally avoided my questions to you to invent a straw-man question of your own to respond to, so I'll try again.

You said that if you "give it" you "have to take it".

I repeat:  When has Cam "given it" to the sports media?

Alternatively, if what you're saying is Cam "gives it" on the field, then how is it the medias job to make him "take it"?

I know many of us are reflexive Cam defenders.  I plead guilty.

But its quite clear in how you respond with regard to matters of the media and the press that you are a reflexive Media defender.  

And I feel quite comfortable that my defense of Cam Newton, a GOOD young man, is a much more respectable position than your constant defense of the media, which regularly ranks as one of the least trusted and respected professions in society http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/big-data-download/most-least-trusted-occupations-160721749.html .

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

I rather Cam stay joyful and play like a child in the schoolyard than get jaded by all this.  It's who he is and when he is best.

Yeah, I hope that he continues to have fun---just be himself---but just remember that you also have to "man up" when you lose. Just like having fun is part of the game, losing is a part of the game.

5 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Disgraceful.

We knew it'd come if we lost though. Everybody was just waiting for us to slip.

so much this

we painted a target on ourselves for all the keyboard warriors out there 

2 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

The players were only separated by a curtain..the reporters however were visible to both players due to the multitude of them..he had to know someone else was being interview..now if he was under the impression that only Broncos players were there then I can understand his statement due to how opening day was set up..which again brings me to my point that if he was thinking that only broncos players were being interviewed at that time and the NFL switched it up well you have a setup in the making..

I think a couple of local and national sportswriters have stated that many Superb Owls had the post game pressers set up this way.  Logistically, I can't see how anyone would think it was or is a good idea....but this is the NFL we are talking about.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, I hope that he continues to have fun---just be himself---but just remember that you also have to "man up" when you lose. Just like having fun is part of the game, losing is a part of the game.

I agree if he had just finished the presser he would have been OK, but I am as competitive as they come and all I do is play games against my kids these days!  I can only imagine how low he was losing the most important game (at this point) in his life and then having to hear Harris say something to the effect of "we wanted them to throw the ball and knew they couldn't etc. etc." while being asked the same question twenty different ways!

I am a fan, I am biased, but I am human too and I give him a pass in that moment.

Archived