• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

josh doctson

juliosantos

good chance he might fall to us due to the strength of the defensive positions in this draft class . gettleman is all about best player available and while we dont need a wr just picture him  with kelvin, funchess, ginn , philly  and greg olsen , we can make our receiving core one of our best assets . What do you guys think ? 

Yea, I was watching some of his breakdowns last night after I read a mock that had us taking him.  I'd be all for it.  He's got great hands and great at high pointing and coming down with the ball.  We have bigger needs than another 1st round WR, and I really like Sterling Shepard in the 2nd, but Doctson in the 1st would be nice too.  Then hope one of the good CBs or DEs falls to us (or we trade up) in the 2nd.

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea, I was watching some of his breakdowns last night after I read a mock that had us taking him.  I'd be all for it.  He's got great hands and great at high pointing and coming down with the ball.  We have bigger needs than another 1st round WR, and I really like Sterling Shepard in the 2nd, but Doctson in the 1st would be nice too.  Then hope one of the good CBs or DEs falls to us (or we trade up) in the 2nd.

personally id prefer a de or db but i keep seeing doctson coming up more and more on mocks and ive seen alot of film on doctson i think the guy can be a true # 1 wr 

I like what I've seen & read re: both Doctson & Shepard.  Alot of the mocks I've been doing have offensive guys as seeming BPA in the 1st and sometimes 2nd too.  Names like Ezekiel Elliott, Doctson, Hunter Henry, Taylor Decker, or Jack Conklin, Shepard.

I'm pretty confident DG will get us a DE and DT (or 2) in this draft, but there are some offensive guys who could fall to us, and I won't be unhappy.  Obviously going BPA requires a successful free agency and plugging holes on the Dline & DBs 1st so we don't HAVE to draft for need.

If Doctson is there you take him first and ask questions later.  He's going to end up being a top 10 player from this draft.  I think the chances of him falling to #30 are extremely slim but if he's there, he'll be the pick barring any off-field/medical issues.

If this offense gets back KB and adds Doctson to our WR corps it will be nearly impossible to stop.  The demo of our line in the SB had as much to do with our lack of talent at WR as it did the line itself.

12 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

He sounds like he's as close to sure thing you can find in a draft. After all the drops last season,  I'd love a sure handed receiver.

We only have Ginn and Brown for one more season I think. We could use a sure-handed receiver m.

While im more in favor of getting a SS or DL with our first, we're gonna need to replace those two and rookie WR have made plays and started for us with great success, 

BPA...it all boils down to our draft board.

Archived