• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2016 Panthers First Round Draft Selection Tree

Jeremy Igo

Spoiler Alert - Here are the Carolina Panthers favorite first round prospects. They are listed in order of interest.  

Coleman -> Butler -> H Henry -> Ogbah -> D Henry

Player furthest to the left is the pick.  Also, a trade down or up is very very possible today and tomorrow as the Panthers aren't stuck no any one of these players and multiple will be available. 

Coleman would round out the receiving corps perfectly. There is much doubt he will be there at 30. 

Butler is highly coveted by the Panthers. Would allow for increased creativity along the defensive line and would add as much pass rush as a defensive end addition. 

Hunter Henry was my original first round prediction a month ago based on whispers. Still a very good possibility. Two tight end sets back in Carolina? 

Ogbah is well liked and their pick as a defensive end. A bit raw, but they like his grit and tenacty. 

Finally, Derrick Henry if no one else is available. He has a first round ranking, just as Devin Funchess did last year. A trade up in the second is possible. 

There you have it. 

Coleman is not only a great receiver but could be excellent as a return man. He would be a great replacement for Ginn whose contract ends after 2016. If he is there it would be a great choice. And we likely would trade back up and snag another guy we have a first round grade who drops.

Igo, do you have any intel on if NFLN and ESPN will still cut to commercial during our picks? 

We went 15-1 and the world fell in love with us... but do you feel that's enough to save us from a fuging Arby's commercial during our pick?

I really can't see us taking Butler in the first. I thought we only wanted linemen from big schools...LA Tech is a bigger school than Valdosta State, but it's not LSU...

I think that's more what the Huddle wants rather than what the team wants.

I just don't see a trade down in this draft for G-Man.  He loves his 5th year option way too much.  

He does love it, but if there's a scenario where he can get multiple guys that they have 1st round grades on, he'd probably jump all over it, and sacrifice that option.

Archived