• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Oher Signs 3 Year Extension - $21.6m

bobsfoodbasics

9 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

Which is why the Seahawks may not even make the playoffs.  Watch and see.

Yes, this is usually true, that lack of Oline continuity seriously derails a team.... but then there were the Patriots last season.  How many Oline combinations did Brady play behind?  It was some ridiculous number, and yet they pulled off their 6th consecutive divisional playoff trip.  Scary.

35 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Yes, this is usually true, that lack of Oline continuity seriously derails a team.... but then there were the Patriots last season.  How many Oline combinations did Brady play behind?  It was some ridiculous number, and yet they pulled off their 6th consecutive divisional playoff trip.  Scary.

Solder himself has more talent than the entire current Seahawks two deep combined.  Even his replacement Vollmer is far better than any current Hawks lineman.

6 hours ago, KB_fan said:

"I’ve always been a hard worker – try to be the first guy in, last one out. But here, I’m competing against 15 other guys just to get here the earliest," Oher said. "I’m used to being the first guy in by far, but 15 guys want to be first, too. I’ve got to get up a little earlier now."

Pretty darned amazing for a guy suffering a Hennessy hangover, amirite? :P

7 hours ago, KB_fan said:

This really is good news.  We started the offseason with the prospect of 4 of our 5 Oline starters eligible for FA at the end of the year.   Kalil & Oher's signings help ensure the stability of the offense, and it's good to get these deals done now.  There's not a lot of time between a SB run and the start of free agency, so the more contracts G'man can work on this summer, the better.

Now we just have Norwell & Remmers to work on.  Remmers might not be done right away until we see whether he continues as a starter or becomes a backup.  In any case, RT is a lot cheaper than LT or C.

We need to Sign Trai Turner to extension before his All-Pro Season this year & Norwell before his Pro Season. 

10 hours ago, The_Rainmaker said:

We need to Sign Trai Turner to extension before his All-Pro Season this year & Norwell before his Pro Season. 

From my understanding this is not possible since he has 2 years left on his rookie contract. We have to wait until next summer. Some months ago I posted that I wanted Oher, Kalil, Short and Norwell extended this summer. Seems like Gettleman's has the same thoughts so far. My belief is that Coleman will chase the kind of money that we are not willing to pay, and therefore sign with a different team next season. 

Archived