• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tail of the Dragon and BOA on Motorcycle

redbuddha

Recently had a chance to ride my motorcycle for the first time thru some new areas. This years 1 day ride include Montgomery, AL, Cherhola Skyway TN, Tail of the Dragon TN/NC, Bank of America Stadium (Charlotte), Everbank Field in Jacksonville. 

After leaving Montgomery at 2:36 in the morning, seeing some beautiful scenery in TN finally made to Charlotte around 6:30 PM. Was hoping to contact somebody on the forum so I/or the bike could be in the picture but I was running behind schedule.Total miles Day 1 1035 miles.

Waffle House - Montgomery, AL

IMG_1821.jpg

Cherohala Skyway, Tellico Plains, TN

IMG_1824.jpg

Cherohala Skyway, Tellico Plains, TN

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

Tree of Shame at the Tail of The Dragon Deal's Gap, 

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, NC

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dick the Butcher said:

Awesome pics!  A close, long time family friend, Don Tilley, ended up passing away from a motorcycle accident on mountain roads thanks to gravel.  It's not always the speed and curves that get you.  

A guy I work with knew him really well.  His wife got hurt pretty badly to, from what I understand.  Couldn't even go to his funeral.  Very sad story.  Seems like the Tilley HD shop is still going strong.

1 hour ago, Dick the Butcher said:

Awesome pics!  A close, long time family friend, Don Tilley, ended up passing away from a motorcycle accident on mountain roads thanks to gravel.  It's not always the speed and curves that get you.  

On two wheels gravel's almost as bad as an oil slick. Only time I ever laid a bike down. 

1 hour ago, Nick_81 said:

A guy I work with knew him really well.  His wife got hurt pretty badly to, from what I understand.  Couldn't even go to his funeral.  Very sad story.  Seems like the Tilley HD shop is still going strong.

Robinette was in ICU for a long time, and will have a tough life going forward.

Awesome pics and looks like you had a great and safe ride. Nothing better. I haven't been able to get on mine in about 3 years because of back and neck issues. Finally getting a little better and hoping to be able to go on a ride in a few weeks.

7 hours ago, redbuddha said:

IMG_1863.jpg

I've been to BoA twice now, but never taken the tour, nor had a chance to look too closely at the Panthers' statues.  What are the names inscribed on the base of the statues?  Player rosters?

Archived