• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Are Signing.....

i don't hate the signing for what it is = Hibbert to come in off the bench and give us some much needed defensive rebounding and shot blocking.. fine, okay..

but i hate that we are just fine with Zeller starting major minutes.. that is all.. he better make a big jump in play this offseason and not come out with those 4pt 6reb games anymore..

5 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Why not? I am saying if they make the playoffs and get better as a team by making it past their usual bump in the road the last decade plus then I will buy their gear. How about I share my photo of the gear? If they do not make it to the 2nd round then you buy some BOBcat gear? Agreed?

You are giving chuck a run for his money around here and that's not a good thing.

4 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

You are giving chuck a run for his money around here and that's not a good thing.

Oh I am getting off here for a while just wanted to give my opinion. Hard to trust this organization. I'll leave it at that all you guys have a good 4th of July.

11 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

so you are saying this is like a Mike Mitchell or Kurt Coleman signing..?

Yes. With the added bonus that Roy has a previous track record of being successful in this role and has some experience to impart to the young guys as far as playoffs are concerned.

I will reiterate: our "splash" signing was Nic Batum. From there it's about filling out the rest of the roster, and given the cap situation, they filled those needs nicely.

Now on to the next step: the trade market.

Surprise, but i hate it.  He's less athletic than Al, he's emotionally fragile, and he has regressed steadily since that faux all-star appearance.  He sucks.

I don't care if it's for 1 year.  I would rather get an athletic, young big with a chance to develop than a washed up re-hash of what we have had for years and couldn't wait to get rid of.  

The frustrsting thing for me is the offseason just seemed to be so mismanaged.  Our biggest position of need, imo, was a big who was capable of starting, preferably more athletic than anyone we've had prior, who was competent offensively but could move and be a defensive presence.  There were and are several guys still available that can do those things.  Hibbert isn't one of them.

Again, NY, IND, ORL, and BOS have all significantly upgraded their rosters.  We retained Batum, Marvin  and made lateral moves at best with all other signings, with depth still an issue.  And worst of all, all of these moves have been made dependent on MKG staying healthy for an entire season.  I certainly hope he does and we are better, but on paper, I don't see it at all.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Surprise, but i hate it.  He's less athletic than Al, he's emotionally fragile, and he has regressed steadily since that faux all-star appearance.  He sucks.

I don't care if it's for 1 year.  I would rather get an athletic, young big with a chance to develop than a washed up re-hash of what we have had for years and couldn't wait to get rid of.  

The frustrsting thing for me is the offseason just seemed to be so mismanaged.  Our biggest position of need, imo, was a big who was capable of starting, preferably more athletic than anyone we've had prior, who was competent offensively but could move and be a defensive presence.  There were and are several guys still available that can do those things.  Hibbert isn't one of them.

Again, NY, IND, ORL, and BOS have all significantly upgraded their rosters.  We retained Batum, Marvin  and made lateral moves at best with all other signings, with depth still an issue.  And worst of all, all of these moves have been made dependent on MKG staying healthy for an entire season.  I certainly hope he does and we are better, but on paper, I don't see it at all.

Dwight Howard or any "big ticket" to the Hornets was just fodder for discussion. It was never realistic. Not directed at you specifically PD, but if you went into this offseason expecting Dwight Howard or Joakim Noah or Kevin Durant visits and are disappointed based on that, you weren't paying attention to this year's free agent market.

The priority this offseason was keeping as much of the core together as possible. Courtney Lee and Jeremy Lin so outperformed their contracts the odds of them returning were pipe dreams at best.

The signings aren't "jump off the page," but they fill needs, and that's good given the circumstances. We put ourselves in position to build on last year, instead of more rebuilding.

10 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I am not going to say you are wrong but realistically what could we have done differently this offseason besides not trading for Marco which I agree was a bad movie. And I am not being snarky I am seriously asking what we should/could have done because I've thought about it and I don't see anything that would have made us any better(outside not signing Batum because by some miracle we signed KD instead which would never happen).

11 minutes ago, cbarrier90 said:

Dwight Howard or any "big ticket" to the Hornets was just fodder for discussion. It was never realistic. Not directed at you specifically PD, but if you went into this offseason expecting Dwight Howard or Joakim Noah or Kevin Durant visits and are disappointed based on that, you weren't paying attention to this year's free agent market.

The priority this offseason was keeping as much of the core together as possible. Courtney Lee and Jeremy Lin so outperformed their contracts the odds of them returning were pipe dreams at best.

The signings aren't "jump off the page," but they fill needs, and that's good given the circumstances. We put ourselves in position to build on last year, instead of more rebuilding.

Yeah, i get that we needed to be prudent.  But, in order to truly remain competitive and take that next step into the upper echelon, we needed to upgrade a starter, specifically the 5.

Again, i appreciate Marvin, but i would've saved that money to get a better big.  Then pick up bargain bin guys like Sessions to fill out the depth.  We spent 54M on a guy who is likely 7th in the rotation.

The guy played for the dumpster fire that was LA the past 2 seasons. Also he is nothing like Al. Athletically maybe, but Al was never a shot blocker or rim protector. That is all Hibbert has been his entire carer. Hibbert addressed a major need on the cheap which is exactly what the team needed. How is anyone mad about this move?

Archived