• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peanut Tillman says torn ACL was worth it

Saca312

Just came across this article. Goes in depth of Tillman's love for the team, and how he found the positive in tearing that ACL. Love how he says he'd "do it again." Shows how our team culture is just the best. Can't wait to see him in pre game segments. 

“I was willing to tear my ACL for those guys,” Tillman said. “When you have a special team, when you’re in a room with 53 men who are very close and think the world of each other, that’s what you do. That’s the kind of culture that was set. I know I was only there one year, but within that year I believed in that culture. 

“If I could go back and do it again, I’d do the same thing again. I’d play on a partially torn ACL. I knew the cost and possibility of it tearing. I’d easily do it again to go to the Super Bowl.

“Charlotte showed me so much love. Carolina showed me so much love,” Tillman said. “It’s not forgotten. I know I’m not getting a statue like Thomas Davis, but Carolina showed me some love and I’m so grateful for them taking a chance on me.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article91259332.html

1 minute ago, Captain Morgan said:

now that he's with Fox, we're going to be getting some real love. 

Will this be the first pro-Panther commentator on a major network

He'd be the second. Steve Beuerlein commentates on CBS, but since we rarely play there he almost never is able to do it with us. Last time was I think the Raiders game in 2012.

1 minute ago, TN05 said:

He'd be the second. Steve Beuerlein commentates on CBS, but since we rarely play there he almost never is able to do it with us. Last time was I think the Raiders game in 2012.

Steve was salty af in the games I watched him call.  He was not very Pro-Panther.

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Steve was salty af in the games I watched him call.  He was not very Pro-Panther.

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but that would surprise me. He retired with the team and during the Super Bowl this year that he was rooting for us; his "heart is with Carolina".

Just now, TN05 said:

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but that would surprise me. He retired with the team and during the Super Bowl this year that he was rooting for us; his "heart is with Carolina".

Its been a few years, he didnt like Cam or the direction of the team, but if you say hes on board now then welcome back Steve.  I didnt like having a reason to not like him.

Archived