• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

'The best corps in the National Football League'

top dawg

8 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

oh my, the sheer madness of fans being excited over positive early returns from training camp

don't worry though cpantherking is on the case

Hey buddy... it's general manager CPK to you!

17 hours ago, top dawg said:

One consistent reason that we were alright is Greg Olsen. But, just think, we've added a rookie who may also get in the act. Beau Sandland looks like the real deal, people. And I haven't even mentioned a couple of others with presumed talent.  The best unit in the NFL is really not a stretch as explained by David Newton.

Simonson has been playing well also (catching and blocking). TE is another position to watch. There's some real talent out there.

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

well, Gettleman wants cam to fail, and won't get him any actual weapons, so our receivers must all suck. if you take away the yards and touchdowns and stuff like that, I mean, what have they really done?

I forgot about that BS that was floating around here for a while...who was it that kept on beating that drum, and was convinced by "inside sources" that Cam wasn't going to sign here?

9 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Did we forget how inconsistent this WR group is with their hands? Have they shown anyone they can catch the ball consistently? This includes KB. Are we just pumping them up now even though you know the same people will be so upset with their inability to hold onto balls and TDs during the season?

I wish this group was Julio Jones, AJ Green, Doug Baldwin, and Golden Tate. That's what several huddlers make them out to be in training camp. Truth is the group consists of Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess, Philly Brown, and Tedd Ginn going up against an inexperienced secondary making a lot of mistakes. KB was said to not even be a true #1 by several huddlers at the end of his rookie campaign because he was unreliable. Funchess, Brown, and Ginn are all #3 WRs at best with bad hands. This team does not have a true #1, or a good #2 if you force KB into the #1 role.

What did the receiving corps do last year without arguably a true WR1 or WR2 (no disrespect to Funchess because he played relatively little)? This season, we should have an experienced KB and DF on the field, both of whom have flashed outstanding playmaking ability. Add in Olsen and the enigmatic Ginn, or possibly Brown, Byrd, Norwood and/or Sandland , and you tell me who defenses are going to cover with consistent success. The sum is always greater than individual parts. You should have learned that last season.

As for their hands, a few got away, just like Cam sails a few balls, but at the end of the day, we still put up yards. Moreover, Byrd and Norwood don't drop passes, and Philly only had a problem last preseason.  You can't even say with any real seriousness that DF has a problem at this stage, so your point is kinda getting muted within your negative zeal to downplay the potential of this unit.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

To be fair, those words "best in the NFL" was in the question asked to him...Funchess didn't just come out and state it out of no where. 

He took the bait. He could have been more PC, but I like that he's being what I'll call "forward thinking." 

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

What did the receiving corps do last year without arguably a true WR1 or WR2 (no disrespect to Funchess because he played relatively little)? 

As for their hands, a few got away, just like Cam sails a few balls, but at the end of the day, we still put up yards.

The receivers did very little last season. Ginn was targeted for home run balls by Cam, Ginn had caught less than 50% of his targets and only had 44 receptions. The only positive for the WRs was that Ginn caught a TD for every 4 passes he caught. They were all off the same 2 routes. Still, Ginn was an inconsistent weapon.

All the other receivers were non-factors with 30 or fewer receptions.

The receivers did not put up the yards at the end of the day. They were among the worst in the league in production with receptions and yardage.

This offense was carried by Cam, Olsen, and Stewart. The running game produced, and Cam to Olsen was the major factor in determining critical game winning drives with the passing game. The receivers were not a threat to any defensive coordinator's scheme, and the most consistent receiver (Cotchery) is no longer on the team.

7 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

The receivers did very little last season. Ginn was targeted for home run balls by Cam, Ginn had caught less than 50% of his targets and only had 44 receptions. The only positive for the WRs was that Ginn caught a TD for every 4 passes he caught. They were all off the same 2 routes. Still, Ginn was an inconsistent weapon.

All the other receivers were non-factors with 30 or fewer receptions.

The receivers did not put up the yards at the end of the day. They were among the worst in the league in production with receptions and yardage.

This offense was carried by Cam, Olsen, and Stewart. The running game produced, and Cam to Olsen was the major factor in determining critical game winning drives with the passing game. The receivers were not a threat to any defensive coordinator's scheme, and the most consistent receiver (Cotchery) is no longer on the team.

mtbu.gif

4 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

it's gonna be fuging ugly for this guy if benjamin or funchess are any good this year

I challenged him to reveal what team he actually cheers for if the Panthers win the division again this season.

Obviously, he's too much of a chicken s--t to take me up on it.

9 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

it's gonna be fuging ugly for this guy if benjamin or funchess are any good this year

He will just find a way to belittle their contribution. He apparently fails to understand the notion that the sum is greater than its individual parts. Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention should have learned that lesson last year.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I challenged him to reveal what team he actually cheers for if the Panthers win the division again this season.

Obviously, he's too much of a chicken s--t to take me up on it.

And I thought you may have been being too hard on the guy. My proclivity to want to see the best in people is sometimes a curse, not saying that CPK is a bad person, just a bad fan. He just may be an A-1 troll though. I now mostly laugh at his responses. 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And I thought you may have been being too hard on the guy. My proclivity to want to see the best in people is sometimes a curse, not saying that CPK is a bad person, just a bad fan. He just may be an A-1 troll though. I now mostly laugh at his responses. 

He was already bad before he started claiming to have inside sources (Zod recently officially outed him as phony, but we pretty much already knew).

He's genuinely worthless, except as someone to point and laugh at. And if that's what he's actually trying to be, that's pretty pathetic.

Archived