• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would the Panthers need to make room to keep Damiere?

Jeremy Igo

Damiere has picked up the pace the last two practices, making more plays than Stephen Hill at this point. Hill has started dropping passes again, unfortunately. 

So will the Panthers need to make cuts to veteran receivers to keep Damiere around? I am not so sure. 

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2016/08/05/carolina-panthers-damiere-byrd/

What say you? 

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

No we don't have to cut a vet WR. We can keep 6. If Hill is back to dropping passes and it continues in preseason, it's time to give up on him. Let Bersin, Garrett, and Byrd battle for the #5 and #6 spots.

At this point, I am not sure Garrett is even in the conversation to be on the practice squad. He hasn't looked good at all. 

I like those five. Too bad Hill seems to have regressed. Maybe the injury, kept him from focusing on his catching. Hopefully, we can keep Garrett on the practice squad and develop him. Maybe next year, he could fill Ginn's spot to give us another outside threat.

Can't believe Hill is an afterthought after being so highly talked about all offseason and last week during the first few days of camp.

What gives?

Byrd apparently started camp poorly and has finally put together a couple good days. Happy for him, but I don't see why he is an option over Hill at this juncture.

Ultimately we need the games to be played to see who the pretenders are.

28 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Can't believe Hill is an afterthought after being so highly talked about all offseason and last week during the first few days of camp.

Probably because he's dropped a couple (with a history of the dropsies), and come up a little gimpy due to that really bad knee injury. So his pass catching and leg health are still in question.

Am I the only one who believes Kevin Norwood's skill set slots nicely between Big Beasts (KB and Funch) and Speed Racers (Ginn and Philly)?

I was hoping we'd draft Norwood out of Bama. Kid impressed me in colllege. He hasn't had much of a shot in the NFL the last few years but so far this training camp I've been impressed again.  Like I said in another thread, he reminds me of a stronger, younger, faster Cotchery. And, to me, that would be a valuable asset to this WR corps.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Am I the only one who believes Kevin Norwood's skill set slots nicely between Big Beasts (KB and Funch) and Speed Racers (Ginn and Philly)?

I was hoping we'd draft Norwood out of Bama. Kid impressed me in colllege. He hasn't had much of a shot in the NFL the last few years but so far this training camp I've been impressed again.  Like I said in another thread, he reminds me of a stronger, younger, faster Cotchery. And, to me, that would be a valuable asset to this WR corps.

Norwood definitely is not out of the running yet. Has made some decent plays in camp. Byrd has just performed better, imo.

Archived