• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are you upset about??

The Huddler

To answer OP I'll repeat what I said about a disappointing preseason game as it happened and after wards:

scary lack of depth across the Oline,

RB depth didn’t play well.
LB depth disappointed (considering what they’ve shown in the past, including regular season games)
TE depth didn’t show enough to be troubling the incumbents
DT depth (after the first 5 guys) showed nothing much
DE depth is starting to get scary too.
Didn’t see anything special out of our secondary, 1st, 2nd or 3rd strings

The point of the preseason game is not to win a pointless match. It's to get some reps into your starters (a series or two for the 1st) but moreso to evaluate your depth and the progress of your younger players.

To expand on what I said:

0) Starters were poo hot, already excited for regular season.

1, OLine) our second string OLine was Foucalt, Yankey, Gino, Larsen, Williams. That's going to be a major problem if we get an injury. Gino's not poo-the-bed bad at Centre, but the rest seem to be. Hawkins has just been promoted to 2nd string LT.

2, RB) had no line to run behind. Didn't show anything given the few chances they did have.

3, LB) Missed some tackles terribly, out of position and couldn't get of blocks. Cash showed more than I was expecting.

4, DT) not worried because there's 5 guys in front of them, but outside of Crume they didn't do anything.

5, DE) Delaire played BAD, no contain, no pressure. No one else did anything to show why they should make the cut over the others and they only have limited chances to do that. Seems like it will come down to work on special teams and that's not great. We wanted a massive increase out of our young DEs

6 secondary) Weren't bad. Didn't flash in real time. Although afterwards I saw @NFLdrafter 's gif of Bradbury beasting the TE and I liked that a lot.

So yeah, nothing that makes me think the sky is falling, but some of it worried me because some of the development of the younger players I was desperately hoping for wasn't on show.

Hopefully it comes at Tennessee or against the Patriots.

I am upset that some of my favorite female celebs may be gay. Or that Social Security may fug with my checks. AND that the wife just won't go away.

Other than that. I ain't gon let no preseason game dictate how I feel about this team. ANYONE that truly believes we are not one of the best teams in the league should lose their fan card.

Oh, and I am also upset that the stupid damm kittens the wife brought in have chased me and the dog to the back room. Fuging kittens. No control, no respect, and those damm claws are murder.

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Oh, and I am also upset that the stupid damm kittens the wife brought in have chased me and the dog to the back room. Fuging kittens. No control, no respect, and those damm claws are murder.

Cats are evil (kittens included).

16 hours ago, SIGCHI222 said:

The fear is not in Huddler's head.  The Huddle was in full-on, extra chromosome mode last Thursday.  Maybe 20% of the comments were rational, another 5% were coherent, only 2% were legible.

I was having too much fun on Twitter during the game, I didn't go anywhere near the gameday thread... LOL.  This doesn't surprise me at all though.  Gameday threads are a species unto themselves!

Stating what occurred during our 1st preseason game doesn't mean fans are freaking out or upset! It is what in fact happened our backups sucked! Does that mean they can't improve ? No. Does it mean our team will suck? No! Preseason games don't count we know that ! I expected better from our 2nd,3rd , 4th and so on. I'm confident our coaching staff will correct these mistakes made mostly by our backups and player will realize they underperformed and need to step it 

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Cats are evil (kittens included).

Back when I owned my bar, a waitress gave me a kitten. That thing went everywhere with me, just like a puppy would. The neighbor kids would stop by and as if Garfield could come out and play. He had the run of the bar, and chicks dug the heck outta him. Then one day he didn't come home. Never saw him again. 20 years, and countless pets, later, I have a dog that follows me around like that cat did. Now if I could only get the wife to treat me as well as those two!

Now we have these twin black kittens. And they have no boundaries. Relentless they are. And at my age, I tire of it. So the dog and I are relegated to the man cave. Not only the smallest room in the house, but the furthest from the fridge. Damm cats.

Just a small glimpse into the life that is Hubby.

Oh. And Goooooo CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived