• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Cuts

jdpanther5

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Glad Foucault is gone.  I thing against the guy, he's just not an NFL caliber OT. Wasn't he originally a high draft pick in the CFL? I could see him go on to have a nice career up north, he's just not NFL caliber. 

First pick.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

First pick.

Man, how pissed would you be if you threw away the #1 overall pick on a guy who never even suited up for you? 

But, I assume that team probably still holds his CFL rights, so if he does decide to head up north I guess they'll end up getting him, just a few years later. 

4 hours ago, jdpanther5 said:

Biggest surprise is Deaver, right? Really thought he had a shot.

Don't understand why we haven't waive/injured Robinson yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm guessing we want him on the IR, so perhaps they'll wait to the cut deadline, like we did with KB last year, meaning he doesn't have to be exposed to waivers.

4 hours ago, KSpan said:

Hill apparently looked pretty good until he tweaked his knee that first week.

Yes, even with his knee, he looked like a much better player (in terms of making catches) early in OTAs, but it was clear he wasn't ready.  It was too much for his knee..  If he was catching well his size and speed made him a really interesting prospect.

So tough for him.  I'm glad he was on the team to help KB rehab.  I hope he recovers fully and is able to succeed somewhere.

I'm guessing we want him on the IR, so perhaps they'll wait to the cut deadline, like we did with KB last year, meaning he doesn't have to be exposed to waivers.

It's possible, but he was only on a 1-year deal, so there's really not much incentive to do so. My guess is they were just using his roster spot for one of the safety tryouts, and that just fell through. I wonder if the remaining four cuts might be waive/injured guys like Robinson, Dixon, Ball, and Scifres.

Sent from my SM-N920V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Man, how pissed would you be if you threw away the #1 overall pick on a guy who never even suited up for you? 

But, I assume that team probably still holds his CFL rights, so if he does decide to head up north I guess they'll end up getting him, just a few years later. 

Actually, I think he was the #5 overall pick. So, there's a small consolation in that one, but hope he does well in the CFL. Like everyone's said, he just wasn't NFL material.

Guess Voth really was onto something, when he was the first to report that Stephen Hill wasn't looking good in Spartanburg

Foucalt? Fouc him. He's the one that went too hard in a pass rush drill and wrecked Chas Alecxih's knee. What's that aboot, eh? Stupid foreigner played LT like he was wearing skates, so he oughta go back to Canadia and play their national sport, hockey. Thanks for not learning a d*mn thing about real football in 3 years

Foucalt comments: Real or sarcasm? That's entirely on you, fellow Huddlers

8 hours ago, O-Ther said:

Guess Voth really was onto something, when he was the first to report that Stephen Hill wasn't looking good in Spartanburg

Foucalt? Fouc him. He's the one that went too hard in a pass rush drill and wrecked Chas Alecxih's knee. What's that aboot, eh? Stupid foreigner played LT like he was wearing skates, so he oughta go back to Canadia and play their national sport, hockey. Thanks for not learning a d*mn thing about real football in 3 years

Foucalt comments: Real or sarcasm? That's entirely on you, fellow Huddlers

You're racist against Canadians!

(Blame Canada?!)

Archived