• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bjoern Werner released by Jags

Moorgan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000692419/article/notable-cuts-tracker-bjoern-werner-released-by-jags

"After struggling at inside linebacker in Indy, Werner was hoping a switch to defensive end in Jacksonville would reignite his career, but the fourth-year pass-rusher is instead looking for work.

We expect Werner to get another chance as injuries mount league-wide, but the former Florida State star is running out of chances to make an NFL team."

Any interest in this guy? Doesn't seem like he's lived up to his draft position (24th overall).

9 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Dumbass Colts were trying to make him an inside linebacker. Fug, why even draft him?

I'm pretty sure the Jags drafted him and then traded him to the Colts. He's only been in the league 4 years. I don't know if he'd be any good here but I think any 1st rd pick deserves a look at a position of need for depth.

Just now, O-Ther said:

Pie for the real Willy Wonka. RIP Gene Wilder. Always remember you for that and Blazing Saddles

And don't forget Young Frankenstein.

Edit: I'm 43 years old. My daughter is almost 21. She called me yesterday when she found out the news of him dying. I thought to myself "Why does this register with her?" Then I realized he was her Willy Wonka too.

2 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

And don't forget Young Frankenstein.

Edit: I'm 43 years old. My daughter is almost 21. She called me yesterday when she found out the news of him dying. I thought to myself "Why does this register with her?" Then I realized he was her Willy Wonka too.

Man I had not heard this news.  Gwad that sucks!  He was such a classic.  Stir Crazy still gets me to this day.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Colts probably did mishandle him. Lord knows nobody in that organization seems to know what they're doing.

That said, he's just not that good.

I imagine Irsay and Griffin smoking big cigars and doing lines of coke patting themselves on the back for their genius selecting Luck. Someone brings up all their busts, they simply say Luck and continue to party. 

Archived