• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Sign Safety Stevie Brown

DirtyMagic97

6 minutes ago, General_Purr said:

Someone tell me about Stevie Brown. How will he do vs Julio, Mike Evans, Doug Baldwin, Travis Kelce, John Brown ect

Badly. He's a backup. If we need him to do anything against those guys we are already screwed.

4 minutes ago, Darth Biscuit said:

Voth is pretty blunt there... ouch.

Damn! Sounds like Darrin Gantt!

Brown was serviceable a few years ago with the Giants, but I guess things change...I don't think G-man is just putting bodies back there just for the hell of bit though. He obviously believes that Brown can fill in.

I hate that Voth would say something like that. What does he know. It's experienced depth......what does he expect? Is he trying to make enemies of the team he makes money covering? Surely other players, gm, coaches don't appreciate that being said about their guy.  Seems unprofessional or at least counterproductive to make comments like that.

2 minutes ago, csx said:

I hate that Voth would say something like that. What does he know. It's experienced depth......what does he expect?

I think he's watched these guys enough to see when the talent level isn't great.  It's experienced depth but obviously the pickings are slim.  I also asked him about Marlowe and he says the Panthers consider him a key rotational safety.

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

i think a lot of you need to come to grips with the fact tre boston is not, in fact, a good player.

That may be true but I don't think we know that until this season plays out. This is his 3rd year. If the light bulb is going to go on it should be this year that it happens. At the end of the year, you may be proven right. But at this point, he gets to write his own story. We shall see.

I for one, prefer to be optimistic. I think he'll do well.

Archived