• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Denver Broncos may supply more motivation for Panthers WIN!

Carolina Mike

If the Broncos follow every other team that's won a Super Bowl... It might just add some extra motivation to Panthers players. Back in March Denver Post stated the Broncos had made plans to make the rasing of their Super Bowl 50 Banner happen on their first home regular season game. All teams do this each year so nothing new. However not like Cam, Luke or the rest of the gang really needs extra motivation. I'm 100% sure the Panthers will be "On" for this game!

image.jpeg

Ever since the NFL schedule was released, I've hoped that they do use this as some form of motivation that carries us all the way back to SB51 and win. It's really the only way to scrub the awful memory of that game back in February (see, I can't even reference it in the proper manner)...I probably need professional therapy BTW.

Did anyone catch Ron Rivera's comment yesterday.  I think he was a little pissed off that the Defending NFC Champs started on the road.  Looking back through the schedules Rivera is right.

Since the 2000 Season only Tampa Bay in 03 and Seattle in 06 have opened on the Road after winning the NFC Championship including the last 9 in a row till 2016.

While the chance to start the season off with a repeat of the Super Bowl I think it is a kick in the face to not allow the defending NFC Champs to open at HOME.

17 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Did anyone catch Ron Rivera's comment yesterday.  I think he was a little pissed off that the Defending NFC Champs started on the road.  Looking back through the schedules Rivera is right.

Since the 2000 Season only Tampa Bay in 03 and Seattle in 06 have opened on the Road after winning the NFC Championship including the last 9 in a row till 2016.

While the chance to start the season off with a repeat of the Super Bowl I think it is a kick in the face to not allow the defending NFC Champs to open at HOME.

But how often do they immediately open the season with a Super Bowl rematch? Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this game to be in Charlotte, but by the same token if they sent Denver on the road to open the season you could say "Well I can't believe they made the defending Super Bowl champions open on the road.".

20 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This is a good point. Fug Gordell.

24 minutes ago, KushMcDieselson said:

But how often do they immediately open the season with a Super Bowl rematch? Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this game to be in Charlotte, but by the same token if they sent Denver on the road to open the season you could say "Well I can't believe they made the defending Super Bowl champions open on the road.".

The Super Bowl rematch was inevitable because they were on our schedule.   The could have made this another week.  It didn't have to be week one.  Had there not been a precedence than I don't think Rivera would have brought it up.  16 seasons before us and 14 of the NFC champs opened at home.  

I will never get over the fact I thought the Super Bowl was a gift to Payton Manning for his contributions to the NFL and the 3 or 4 blatantly poor calls that changed the game.   But I won't rehash that again.

IF the NFL sets a precedence than they should not change it for the freaking ratings.  The NFL is not struggling to get viewership.

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The Super Bowl rematch was inevitable because they were on our schedule.   The could have made this another week.  It didn't have to be week one.  Had there not been a precedence than I don't think Rivera would have brought it up.  16 seasons before us and 14 of the NFC champs opened at home.  

I will never get over the fact I thought the Super Bowl was a gift to Payton Manning for his contributions to the NFL and the 3 or 4 blatantly poor calls that changed the game.   But I won't rehash that again.

IF the NFL sets a precedence than they should not change it for the freaking ratings.  The NFL is not struggling to get viewership.

The NFL not scheduling games to maximize their ratings? Seriously? That's the entire reason flex scheduling exists.  They had to make it week one to maximize the ratings potential while it is the freshest game in everyone's mind.

Sure, they could have scheduled it another time during the season, but that would have given causal fans time to care less, might as well open the season with a bang. They could have made it week 2 or week 7 or any other week, but with the QB question mark in Denver, giving them a week or more to potentially tank could have made the game irrelevant to a portion of viewers.

With all that being said,, fug Denver and I hope we take a big, steaming poo the likes of which would make even SCP shed a tear up on them.

Archived