• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun Smith anyone?

Cyberjag

South Carolina product, some character issues, and more talented than any two DTs available combined. Suspended for the first four weeks for substance abuse issues (a water pill, which can be a masking substance for steroid use but also used in weight loss). Potential head case--punched Brady Quinn in the locker room last year.

Anyway, he might be an average starter but the point is that he's actually starting material. He would probably get more push than Kemo did, and Lewis/Hayden, Smith/Harris wouldn't be a BAD rotation. It would certainly be better than Lewis/Brayton, Hayden/Harris and may be as good as or better than Lewis/Hayden, Kemo/Leonard.

His suspension is up in week five, so he could suit up against the Redskins. Obviously the people in the front office know all this. The question is, do you think that they will consider it a good solution and go after him?

yeah, we were talking about him a good bit before the season got started when he got cut from the lions. i'm not sure what it was he did that caused him to get cut from them but that's two teams this year that cut him for attitude issues and breaking the leagues steroid policies didn't give anyone much reason to wait around for him.

he did say there were 6 teams that had talked to him right before the season ended but he had to tell them that he was going to be suspended 4 weeks. it would make sense that the panthers were one of those teams. the demand is going to be pretty high right now, though. not only us but the falcons and chargers are really looking for big NTs because of injuries.

it's all going to boil down to who is going to be most willing to put up with his crap and pay him the most (most desperate).

he's good, he's just stupid and has a bad attitude.

Questions is: Can we afford him? Not sure what his veteran number is but it has to be fairly high. I read somewhere where they are seriously looking at making another trade because pickings are so slim out there right now. That is also a bad option to me because we already have Leonard, Kemo, Lewis, Hayden, Harris under contract. Would you really want to make a trade for someone who might have a hard time making the team next year?

If we can get him for the Vet Minimum I say yes. He will cost 720K I believe but only cost $485k against the cap.

I say sign him and tell him, this is your last chance. Mess up once and your done.

Archived