• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who to pull for: week two edition

bigdog10

Here's to the panthers opening up a can on San Francisco and getting in the win column. 

Divisional relevance:

Pull for Arizona over Tampa, Oakland over Atlanta, and New York over New Orleans.  Our entire division is on the road in games that they are significant underdogs (New Orleans is the smallest dog at +4.5). Hopefully all three take one on the chin. 

Out of Conference relevance:

AFC over NFC:. Pull for the Titans over the Lions, 

Conference games:

pull for Washington over Dallas.  We will have a chance to get a head to head win against Washington later in the year and it's also always fun watching the boys lose

Pull for the Vikings over the Packers.  Same reason as Washington.  We host Minnesota next week and could potentially use a Green Bay loss down the line with a conf record tie breaker.

Pull for the Bears over the Eagles.  Bears are 0-1, eagles are 1-0.....pretty easy one to figure here  

Pull for the Rams over Seahawks.  Call me crazy but I actually think the Rams win this one  

if all goes according to plan, here is how the NFC would shape up after week two  

2-0 teams:  Giants, Vikings

1-1 teams:  Panthers, Bucs, Lions, Bears, Packers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams, Niners, Redskins, Eagles

0-2 teams:  Cowboys, Falcons, Saints

It's against the rules in my house to ever pull for Washington and Pittsburgh.  I also think a Tampa win over Arizona would be more helpful, just because we're more likely to compete with AZ for seeding.  I'm fairly confident we'll have a better record than Tampa, and we'll take care of business against them, but I got to say their offense looked legit against ATL.  It was the Falcons, but still...

1 hour ago, KillaCamNewton said:

disagree with AZ over Tampa. Tampa is not beating us for the division, Im more concerned with competing with AZ for seeding. Gonna be tough for them to not win the West if RW ankle is banged up

Do you really want a division rival getting two road wins to start a season?

worry about seeding later, worry about the division first. 

54 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Do you really want a division rival getting two road wins to start a season?

worry about seeding later, worry about the division first. 

ehhh, the Falcons started 5-0 last year. Our divisional rivals usually get in their own way without us needing to. I'm much more worried about playing a playoff game in Arizona, theyve never lost a playoff game in that stadium

cheering for the bucs over the cardinals. This game is massive for both teams because I think seattle and carolina are going to win the south and west. That leaves two WC spots, one of which Im thinking will be the packers/vikings, the other will be tampa/arizona. Idk I just wouldnt feel good playing the cardinals at home or away. beating the same team in the playoffs 3 years in a row is quite the task. would rather face an inexperienced yet talent bucs squad who would just be happy to be in the playoffs at all.

I really want to pull for the Cardinals over Tampa, but it might work out better the other way around. Another loss just might push ole Arians farther over the edge towards losing his locker room.  Personally for me that would be fun to watch. What an arrogant POS.  

Archived