• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pulling puppet strings on Cam when it comes to political issues??

bLACKpANTHER

3 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

didn't see it last week, if MODs feel the need to merge - go right ahead..

as for the discussion, let's continue because there is an obvious divide between people on here and the only way to bridge the gap is to address it and not say "agree to disagree" and sweep it back under the rug

Good luck, because there will never be a bridged gap on this subject. After last week, I started to feel a way towards the organization. I realize Cam is a grown man and can do and say as he pleases but like many of us, he also has to keep his employers happy to keep his job but he has a personal obligation to be true to himself. I think when he was fed up with the opinions and stories back in January, that's how he felt. Then Richardson brings in this republican to help Cam navigate race talk. There's the joke. They pulled every string possible. Cam didn't say what he said because he's had a change of heart. But no matter what, no bridge will gapped. That's just in general. 

7 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

didn't see it last week, if MODs feel the need to merge - go right ahead..

as for the discussion, let's continue because there is an obvious divide between people on here and the only way to bridge the gap is to address it and not say "agree to disagree" and sweep it back under the rug

I'm all for discussion, in fact without mature discussion and debate nothing can get resolved. I have noticed on here when people try to discuss things, the responder typically posts a gif and has some sarcastic remark like "great post you win the internet today". When all that is needed is discussion in a respectful manner. Also, can we please tinderbox this mods?

I don't understand why we have to have an opinion about this one way or another and, to be very honest, I don't understand why this isn't a Tinderbox topic.  There's not even a tangential relationship to football, it's a topic that we've already discussed to death, and it's guaranteed to spawn people being snarky assholes to each other.

If we must have an opinion then here's mine: we don't have nearly enough information, any of us, to have an opinion at all and I think we're doing Cam a huge disservice to assume that because his public message has evolved that The Man (tm) is playing editor for him.

40 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I can tell you the Panthers don't have much control at all over what Cam says or does. He is too big a figure. 

Nah. Let's just ignore what the guy who's actually talked to people in the organization has to say and continue running with our own uninformed theories.

30 minutes ago, csx said:

i just wish people in the public, media, wherever would stop trying to make everything a scandal that people are to take sides on and argue to death. Scandals are easy for the media as they dont require thoughtful genuine journalism but they serve to do nothing positive. 

Pretty much.

As much fun as it is to kick the hornet's nest of race and politics, I'm sure Cam realizes he gains nothing by jumping into that poo storm.  He started to last year, saw the response, and decided to change course this year.

Would I love to see Cam and a bunch of other prominent NFL player do something that solved a major social issue?  Sure.  The reality is they can't.  Awareness can be brought, but the institutional racism in America is not a problem an athlete can solve.  From the looks of it, Cam is going to try to lead by example.  He's going to be a model citizen, he's going to do go by kids, and he's going to be the best football player he can be.  Not the worst thing to do.

It allows him to maximize his income opportunities, keep a pristine image, and remain above the fray.  It's not what some folks want him to do, but apparently, it's what Cam wants.

Maybe athletes and celebrities should just leave those topics alone when doing interviews. Cam is smarter than some people give him credit for. Even if he was let to say what he really felt I doubt he would. He understands that 1000's of kids are watching him and he would keep his feelings, if they were in any way negative, to himself. 

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I'm all for discussion, in fact without mature discussion and debate nothing can get resolved. I have noticed on here when people try to discuss things, the responder typically posts a gif and has some sarcastic remark like "great post you win the internet today". When all that is needed is discussion in a respectful manner. Also, can we please tinderbox this mods?

Your definition of mature discussion confuses me - because I'm pretty sure you insinuated that I don't know what the real 'working' world is like and tried to insult me.. So instead of fighting ignorance - I chose to post an appropriate image in response to your comment and got back to the topic I cared to discuss..

12 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Your definition of mature discussion confuses me - because I'm pretty sure you insinuated that I don't know what the real 'working' world is like and tried to insult me.. So instead of fighting ignorance - I chose to post an appropriate image in response to your comment and got back to the topic I cared to discuss..

I'm not the one who said that working world comment to you. All I'm saying is you want discussion offer him/her a rebuttal instead of being sarcastic. I don't care what your political views are. Discussion and debate are civilized. If they said something immature be the bigger person. Responding with sarcasm does nothing.

34 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I'm getting really sick of people mixing football with politics. There are probably over  a hundred  message boards and comment sections available to talk politics. I come here and I watch football to get a break from that crap.

Yeah, and I am beginning to hate it when sports journalist delve into politics.  

48 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

Good luck, because there will never be a bridged gap on this subject. After last week, I started to feel a way towards the organization. I realize Cam is a grown man and can do and say as he pleases but like many of us, he also has to keep his employers happy to keep his job but he has a personal obligation to be true to himself. I think when he was fed up with the opinions and stories back in January, that's how he felt. Then Richardson brings in this republican to help Cam navigate race talk. There's the joke. They pulled every string possible. Cam didn't say what he said because he's had a change of heart. But no matter what, no bridge will gapped. That's just in general. 

Oh, no not a Republican. And Cam's "true self" seems to be the Cam that you *want* him to be. Cam's not a racist. Never has been. Never will be....no matter how upset some people might get over him not joining the circus of clowns that are "standing up" for "social justice".

44 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

my pic was in response to the comment about my career, not the topic at hand - which i'm happy to discuss maturely:

Cam has the right to speak his mind.. Big Cat has the right to let go (fire) anyone he feels is bringing negative attention to the company he owns and operates.. my opinion is, if he continues to make his employees takes classes from known political affiliated persons - that will hurt the organization more than anything Cam has ever said or would say.. Cam has a lot of money on the line and wouldn't hurt his chances to cash in by making an outlandish statement..

Archived