• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's actually very simple...

Catufb85

We are losing football games.  Numbers don't lie:

2016 Offensive numbers : Total: 3rd Passing: 7th Rushing: 6th Receiving: 5th Points: 6th

2016 Defensive numbers (2015) Total: 23rd (6th) Passing: 26th (11th) Rush: 11th (4th) TO Margin: -8 (+20)

As you can see and have witnessed so far this year that our offense has been a top 10 unit in all phases and scoring points.  Not helping themselves with turnovers and penalties.

As you can see our defense is not even a glimpse of ourselves from last  year, we returned everyone but... secondary!!! We lost Tillman and let Finnegan, Harper and NORMAN to walk...  That is 3 out of your 4 starting secondary that was 11th vs the pass last year that lead the league with 24 INTs. Not only did Gettleman's ego get the best of him and offer Norman just to pull it letting him walk, but you didn't sign a half decent corner in Free Agency when you could have kicked the tires on guys like Jeremy Lane (cap hit 3.250mill) Casey Hayward ($5.1mill) Patrick Robinson ($4 mill) Antonio Cromartie ($3mill) hell bring back Cortland Finnegan who signed with the Saints for $650,000.

Nope you decide to go full desperation mode and draft 3 Corners with your 5 picks.  

The moral of my rant is this can't really be placed blame on any other person than the Front Office.  Players play, Coaches coach the players they have, the General Manager assembles the 53 man roster.  Now we are 1-5 last in the division because we are getting absolutely torched in the secondary.  But Hey! we got $20 million in CAP space though!

Numbers don't lie. The weak links are obvious... but nothing has been done to address it.

I agree that our defenses inability to stop anyone from scoring is the major reason we're losing games.  I also agree that not bringing any "contingency" and/or competition players was probably a bad idea.

I'd like to play a little "Gettle's Advocate" though, if that's OK.  Why didn't he spend $5 million to bring in a couple of vet CBs?  Maybe not your B+ list, but B-/C+ kind of guys.  Like many of us, he thought that our defensive front would pick up where it left off.  Kony Ealy leading the pass rush from the outside, KK Short destroying from the middle, and getting just enough out of CJ for one more year.  That pass rush would give our young secondary a chance.  

Gettleman thought he'd drafted good players in Bradberry, Worely, and Sanchez.  He needed one to turn out to be a starter (Bradberry), and hoped he could get some future production out of Worely and Sanchez.  Bradberry has been a rookie corner with some potential until he got hurt.  Worley made a place once or twice and has been burned repeatedly.  Sanchez was cut...

I imagine he also thought that Boston was ready to make the leap and put his athletic talents to good use.  Welp...  That leaves Coleman trying to do too much.  Last year, Coleman had so much success because he could just do his job.  There were enough other guys who could do theirs as well.  So let's not completely throw Coleman out with the bathwater.

So if you can't put any pressure on the QB, you can't stop the run, and you can't cover anyone, you're everyone's favorite defense to play.  I'm not sure what the bye week will hold for the Panthers, I just hope that they can have a good venting of frustration, return to work with a little bit of mental clarity, and zero expectations.  Maybe they can rediscover their loose-ness and having-fun-ness again.  Sure, we may still have a terrible 6-10/7-9 kind of season, but I'd be happy if the guys were able to improve.  If we're going to get scored on, then let's at least make it a shootout.  And let's go for turnovers if we're going to get beat.  You might come down with one every now and then...

58 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

We are losing football games.  Numbers don't lie:

2016 Offensive numbers : Total: 3rd Passing: 7th Rushing: 6th Receiving: 5th Points: 6th

2016 Defensive numbers (2015) Total: 23rd (6th) Passing: 26th (11th) Rush: 11th (4th) TO Margin: -8 (+20)

As you can see and have witnessed so far this year that our offense has been a top 10 unit in all phases and scoring points.  Not helping themselves with turnovers and penalties.

As you can see our defense is not even a glimpse of ourselves from last  year, we returned everyone but... secondary!!! We lost Tillman and let Finnegan, Harper and NORMAN to walk...  That is 3 out of your 4 starting secondary that was 11th vs the pass last year that lead the league with 24 INTs. Not only did Gettleman's ego get the best of him and offer Norman just to pull it letting him walk, but you didn't sign a half decent corner in Free Agency when you could have kicked the tires on guys like Jeremy Lane (cap hit 3.250mill) Casey Hayward ($5.1mill) Patrick Robinson ($4 mill) Antonio Cromartie ($3mill) hell bring back Cortland Finnegan who signed with the Saints for $650,000.

Nope you decide to go full desperation mode and draft 3 Corners with your 5 picks.  

The moral of my rant is this can't really be placed blame on any other person than the Front Office.  Players play, Coaches coach the players they have, the General Manager assembles the 53 man roster.  Now we are 1-5 last in the division because we are getting absolutely torched in the secondary.  But Hey! we got $20 million in CAP space though!

Numbers don't lie. The weak links are obvious... but nothing has been done to address it.

Dude you can't convince Trump Supporters!

I see my huge font is getting caught on by Jermey and the Huddle!

6 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

sometime you gotta call it out how you see it, We see the evidence before and after but people will not accept it. 

It's an idiotic statement and there is zero correlation.  I don't support trump, (I also don't support Hillary FWIW) but devolving a real discussion to low class poo flinging is stupid.

Archived