• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about bathroom design (since we're playing like poop)

SCP

I think as Americans we take toilets for granted. I've been to other countries where their "toilet" was a porcelain hole in the ground with and old school chain flusher attached to the wall behind it. Dudes were literally finding old metal frame chairs and knocking out the cushioned middle just to have some sort of seat they could place over the hole.......good times.

1 hour ago, SCP said:

Perhaps I have pondered this before on here but nothing has changed and it really chaps my ass. It's the bye-week and I'm sitting in the John Wayne Airport getting ready to amputate my own hands. If any of you are in the bathroom design business, why in the fug would you outfit a public restroom with the finest automated amenities that science and technology have to offer and then scoff at said technology by installing a door that opens inward so you have to touch a dirty poop infested handle? It makes zero sense. Who cares if a push door hits someone walking by on the outside, that's collateral damage. #MakeBathroomDoorsOpenOutAgain

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

It's probably a code issue with door swinging out into egress or minimum clearance distance on the latch side varies for push and pull sides

10 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

warm = creepy feeling

I hate the warm seat. You know 400 LB Jimmy from Operations, who was going on 3 pots of coffee and had been saving his poo all day for this one moment, just got done blowing fermented butt-chili all inside of that son of a bitch and now you get to feel the residuals from his momentous exothermic reaction on your innocent and pristine cheeks.

This is all I had to poop on for months at a time, let me tell you the first dump at home, post submarine patrol, was luxury beyond imagination. The green handle is a ball valve opening into a sanitary tank, you flush by turning an aux seawater valve. When they blow sanitaries, poop air gets past the ball valve and makes rotten smelling bubbles. And if you are half asleep while they are doing it and pull that green handle, well, you are about to have a really bad wake up.

Image result

31 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

on the negative side you probably have to wait for the cleaning people to clean the layers off piss of the toilet before you take a poo.

side note: which do you think is worse, going into a stall and sitting on a cold toilet seat........or a warm one?

I prefer cold seats, its comforting and familiar.

43 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i don't think i've ever been in an airport bathroom that had outward opening doors. every poop i can remember taking was in a long ass row of stalls with high walls between them and the doors always opened inward. which i appreciated because i always hang my satchel on the hook and i'm paranoid about losing it and always envisioned someone jerking the door open outward and running off with it while i'm trying to break one off. pushing the door inward would just help secure it.

i'm sure this is what they had in mind.

We're GOING to get that satchel.  Rest assured

I like my toilets like I like my women. Cold and unforgiving.

I always take extra toilet paper, or paper towels for use on any and all doors. Bathroom doors are like this years Panthers. They do what they do, and you are not going to change it.

Oh, and in my house? I don't even have a bathroom door. Let that sink in. Look up from my paper and there is almost always a dog, or cat, or both, just sitting there watching. And the new kitten is fuging fascinated by the toilet bowl. I am almost compelled to sit down to pee, cuz he wants to stand at the rim and watch. WTF? Love, it's what you do when you run out of friends.

I will say this though. Chicks dig dogs. I take my dog everywhere, especially in the summer.  So you young single guys take note. Get yourself a dog, either really ugly, or really cute, either one works. You will also need a parting stick, cuz sometimes you just need to pry yourself away. Yeah, it is that bad.

Archived