• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason chimes in on Nippleshorts

SCP

8 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

worst case scenario we finish 1-15. we still have a core that most teams would kill for plus a years experience in the secondary and a high draft pick to address position of need (DE/OT/S). how we play this year doesn't affect our future window of opportunity. sinking lots of $$ into FA's limits what we can do down the road.

i guess you missed the part where i said Gettleman using $$ to improve the team would involve mortgaging the future for the present. the Norman move looks bad but I still would rather go through these growing pains in the secondary than drop an absurd amount of money on a zone CB who is already nearing the end of his prime years as a CB.

Improving the team and keeping it competitive wouldn't of mortgages the future.  Playing with Norman under the tag wouldn't of mortgaged the future nor would using some of our cap space when we didn't. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I would still like to know what was said to Gettleman to have him pull the plug so quickly on Josh. I suspect his agent got a little too aggressive. 

Norman's agent to date has rubbed one guy allegedly the wrong way 

Gettlemen to date has rubbed how many guys the wrong way?? Beason? Gross? Smitty? Norman? 'Maybe KK? Those are just ones who have voiced Gettlemen's style.  Believe it or not Hurney did part way with guys like all GMs....but no one seemed to voice issue with the manner he did business.  Business was just busniness.

Maybe it simply is Gettlemen....was the issue in that?  Gettlemen isn't going to be able to sign everyone for cheap.

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Gettlemen to date has rubbed how many guys the wrong way?? Beason? Gross? Smitty? Norman? 'Maybe KK? Those are just ones who have voiced Gettlemen's style.  Believe it or not Hurney did part way with guys like all GMs....but no one seemed to voice issue with the manner he did business.  Business was just busniness.

Maybe it simply is Gettlemen....was the issue in that?  Gettlemen isn't going to be able to sign everyone for cheap.

Maybe these guys don't like being told they aren't worth the contract they are asking for?    Dave is a matter of fact kind of guy and he doesn't stroke egos.  So I'm guessing that anyone looking to be the highest paid anything here beyond what the team sees as the core is going to get their feelings hurt.

They don't make bandaids for feelings.

6 hours ago, carolinajay said:

Gary Barnidge was never a big part of the panthers offense. He had two memorable games in a panthers uniform (09' vs Vikings and 12 vs Eagles) why include him?

Peanut (Retired), Allen (Retired), Gross (Retired) etc not going through all the names but a lot of those guys were role players and were replaced.

Adding Barnidge kills your argument imo.

Gross is one that still pisses me off til this day.  Gettlemen demanded he take a pay cut pretty much.  Because of that, he retired the year after.  While Gross was still playing at a Pro Bowl level.  

12 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Maybe these guys don't like being told they aren't worth the contract they are asking for?    Dave is a matter of fact kind of guy and he doesn't stroke egos.  So I'm guessing that anyone looking to be the highest paid anything here beyond what the team sees as the core is going to get their feelings hurt.

They don't make bandaids for feelings.

Or maybe they don't like being disrespected?  And maybe that same funny, endearing, charming guy telling jokes and making sound effects in pressers is NOT the guy they talk to behind closed doors.

5 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I do believe that he retired. He said he just didn't have it anymore. He was prepared for life after football, so it wasn't a total shock.

Incorrect, he was released.  Then he retired.  He would've played if he was still on contract.  He was only 28 years old when he retired.  He saved enough money to when he was released, he said fug it and retired.  

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

Don't forget Captain also said something's about Gettleman. But it's never his fault.

Till this day I'm certain we can trade or cut Cam and the usual suspects will side with Gettleman.

5 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Looks like we were both right. You more than me, if that kind of thing makes you happy.

Here's a link. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149321/article/chris-gamble-retires-after-release-by-carolina-panthers I was right that he was ready for life after football, and you were right that he retired after we let him go.

I did however, forget about the lingering injuries he was having later in his career. That shoulder was a 2 year deal. Ankle issues. He was ready.

He was only 28, if he were still under contract he would've came back ready.  Either way, BAE did a great job per usual. 

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

It's amazing that we all cheer for the same team... if we watched the games together, some of you would drive me insane 

Your incessant whining about it is more annoying.  Your BAE poo the bed royally.  Let people express their feelings on here. It is a Panthers forum, and we did go from the Super Bowl to rebuilding in a span of six games, thanks in most part to BAE.    

6 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Don't forget Captain also said something's about Gettleman. But it's never his fault.

Till this day I'm certain we can trade or cut Cam and the usual suspects will side with Gettleman.

But, but, Gettlemen is BAE!  

The whining needs to stop!  We didn't go from the Super Bowl to 1-5 or anything mostly because of BAE!  Stop whining people!  I can't believe we're fans of the same team.  I'm gonna cry!

759.gif  

Gettlemen can do no wrong!  

Last team to return to the SB the year after losing it was the '94 Bills, they kept the team in-tact and lost again. The plan is to rebuild this year for a return next year or the year after that. It's fair to agree or disagree with this approach but that's what we're doing. Starting over with rooks in the secondary will allow us to keep KK, Turner and Norwell next year and KB the year after that. It's not fun to watch but everyone will be happy when it pays off.

17 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

He was only 28, if he were still under contract he would've came back ready.  Either way, BAE did a great job per usual. 

Do people forget why Gamble was cut, Beason was traded, Captain couldn't be resigned, Gross was forced into a paycut (and essentially to retire)?

Archived