• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legal Hit? YOU Be The Judge

Saca312

So, coming back to that supposed "shoulder" hit on Cam, I snagged a GIF of it, and slowed it down to 15% original speed.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I don't know about you, but I certainly don't see any supposed "shoulder" hitting Cam first.

I do see a helmet smashing into Cam and giving me repercussions to the season opener.'

What do you think? Did the Rams get away with this one? Is the league really protecting our QBs? 

2 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

if this is the hit I'm thinking of it's 100% legal, ive seen it from a few angles there was no helmet to helmet it.  there is another hit in this game that is dirty tho

I might be seeing something different than you. I could've sworn I saw his helmet hit his, jerk it back, and then his shoulder hit came afterwards. It may be the crappy quality and frame rate tbh, but what I'm seeing is something that looks like a clear hit to the helmet.

Elaborate on your thought process on that one?

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

if this is the hit I'm thinking of it's 100% legal, ive seen it from a few angles there was no helmet to helmet it.  there is another hit in this game that is dirty tho

lol if you don't see helmet to helmet contact there you are blind as hell or blatantly ignoring it.

3 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Are you drunk? How is that legal?? Legal on cam or legal on Brady?

I watch all NFL games and think people overreact about some of the hits we have seen as far as thinking of some stupid crybaby conspiracy against (only) Cam because if you watch all the games it (hits, calls and missed calls) happens all day long to many QBs.

That said, this should have been a flag for two reasons; helmet to helmet and it wa deliberate. He was untouched and could have easily tackled cam with a mid body tackle.

The issue with this particular hit is the intent to go high. I do believe helmet to helmet contact occurred but even if you didn't, you can't dispute Barron's intentions to go up top.

It's also pretty clear he launches as well. It's just the type of hit other QBs would get a call on but unfortunately, Cam does not..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived