• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Tolbert: It's not only just my job to protect him, it's the NFL's

truthjuice

Speaking today about Cam and the hits...

"It's not only my job to protect him, but it's also the NFL's job," fullback Mike Tolbert said Wednesday. "They preach player safety, then stuff like this happens two, three weeks in a row, but no ramifications come from it. It's ridiculous."

He went on to say:

"If you're out there and you're scared to take a shot, then don't be out there, especially if you're a running quarterback."

Tolbert's response?

"It's ridiculous because it's people that don't have anything to do with us," he said. "It's players coming out saying, 'Quit whining, it's football.' But as soon as somebody chop blocks him or something to that nature, he's crying. Or holding, he's crying and wants to get a flag thrown for that.

"If somebody hits my quarterback in the head blatantly, I want a flag. It's nothing different."

"Some people may say he's flamboyant and celebrates too much, but you can't knock the guy for being the type of player he is. Everybody deserves protection whether you like them or not," Tolbert said.

"At the end of the day, he's a player in the NFL and all players in the NFL have the same rights. So if Tom Bradygot smacked in the head, they'll throw a flag. If Cam Newton gets smacked in the head, they need to throw a flag. Simple as that."

http://blackandbluereview.com/mike-tolbert-cam-newton-gets-smacked-head-like-tom-brady-throw-flag/

He's the first one to say what it really is. Brave. I hope Cam has his back on the $.

They don't think football should be fun or guys that PLAY the game should have emotion. They want him to behave so every week they send the dogs. It's disgusting. That's why ratings are down. The nation can see it and are turned off by it. Not just Cam, other guys don't get protection either. 

Brees and Brady are ALLOWED to play QB, scan the field and have confidence in a yellow flag if they get illegally popped helmet while doing the JOB of QB.

1 hour ago, Kakarot said:

There was a poster on here who said we were all paranoid when it comes to Cam. I guess Tolbert is paranoid too. Is Tolbert paranoid as well? Lol

I wouldn't say paranoid. Very sensitive, yea. That's what happens until we start laying beat downs on the reg. I get it though. 

Archived