• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Chefs at Panthers Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, ThatSeattleBoy said:

I agree with the other guy, your comment is pure stupidity, sorry to say. I don’t even like your QB. You guys cannot adjust. From an outside perspective, it looks like an organization relying on the QB to save them.

If TheSeattleBoy were siding with me I'd have more issues with myself than present so I'm not terribly concerned.

His arm-punt tied the game and set into place the poo storm that followed. I expect no more of Cam than I did (or any Panther fan) did of Jake. When Jake kicked ass but threw it away in the clutch, people blamed Jake

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

He played poorly, no doubt  about it.  But the loss is almost 100% on the offense, or second half lack there of.

The offense has shown a total lack of ability to adjust and call the proper plays throughout the course or the vast majority of games we've played. That falls on Shula, so he can hit the gotdamn bricks.

1 minute ago, Randolph Panther said:

Patchwork offensive line, playing a team that has not sniffed the endzone, and at the time a running game that is working you play for a FG there at least on 3 down when you have already taken a sack.  Not sure I can lay it out for you any clearer.  

They were at the 20 yard line with a first and 10 after driving it all the way down the field. No coach in the modern era would play for a fg there.  

7 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't understand your point.  The objective in that situation is to get a td first, fg second.  The fg didn't happen because the blocking was horrible, period.  It wasn't because of any decision made or not made on the part of the coordinator.  

I really don't understand how this can be put on Shula. The oline did a good job blocking in the first half, and then decided to get peter rolled in the second half - at the end of the first drive of 20 plays. 

They were beat one on one by guys they were controlling in the first half. How/why is that on the OC? WHy should he adjust when something's working? We couldn't run worth anything. THe short passes were killing KC. Their d line just decided to take over the game.

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

They were at the 20 yard line with a first and 10 after driving it all the way down the field. No coach in the modern era would play for a fg there.  

Ive seen plenty of coaches "in the modern era" just run the ball in that situation.  Especially against teams with a pass rush like KC when we have a patchwork O-line.  

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

A zero team? L O fuging L

Nick Fairley, Josh Bynes, Lutzenkirchen, Mike Dyer, McCalebb, Clayton and they were a zero team

If Cam played for Mississippi State you wouldn't be saying any of this and deep down you know it

All those players except Lutz and Dyer were on the team the year before.

That team's record?  7-5

Fairley and Bynes were beasts, but the 2010 defense gave up 27 points to South Carolina, 34 to Kentucky, 43 to Arkansas, 31 to Ole Miss, 31 to UGa, and 27 to Bama.

NOT a deadly defense.  It was a defense that had to be helped by a high scoring offense.

Oh, the offense you say?

Cam Newton - 50 TDs (30 passing TDs, 20 rushing TDs)

Michael Dyer - 5 TDs

Onterrio McCalebb - 9 TDs

Darvin Adams - 7 TDs

Terrell Zachary - 4 TDs

Emory Blake - 8 TDs

Phil Lutzenkirchen - 5 TDs

Maybe you might be noticing an anomaly that stands out in the list I've given you above.

I'll wait here and listen until you can rub a couple of sticks together in that brain of yours to figure it out.

14 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

This game can absolutely be put on Shula. Anyone trying to defend Shula after that second half is either a blind homer or simply doesn't know football. We had one good drive, there was some good play calling and some better execution, but Shula killed that drive with plays that get Cam sacked due to a shittt OL. Outside of that drive, it was pure ineptitude. Shula calling stupid plays, Cam with one boneheaded throw (probably felt he needed to try to make SOMETHING happen or it was gonna be sacks, runs for no gain and throwaways the rest of the game), KB with an illadvised attempt to pick up and extra yard and kill seconds. That's a recipe for defeat. fuging Shula. 

Shula actually called a great 20 play, time consuming drive outside that 1 qb run on first and 10. The blame can't be solely put on Shula for Trai just getting straight man handled on that 3rd down sack. You also can't blame Shula on that bonehead throw by Cam. Shula played a part in the loss but the loss can't absolutely be put on him. 

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

That team's record?  7-5

Fairley and Bynes were beasts, but the 2010 defense gave up 27 points to South Carolina, 34 to Kentucky, 43 to Arkansas, 31 to Ole Miss, 31 to UGa, and 27 to Bama.

NOT a deadly defense.  It was a defense that had to be helped by a high scoring offense.

Oh, the offense you say?

Michael Dyer - 5 TDs

Darvin Adams - 7 TDs

Terrell Zachary - 4 TDs

Emory Blake - 8 TDs

Maybe you might be noticing an anomaly that stands out in the list I've given you above.

I'll wait here and listen until you can rub a couple of sticks together in that brain of yours to figure it out.

Bama scored 27 that year.

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

If TheSeattleBoy were siding with me I'd have more issues with myself than present so I'm not terribly concerned.

His arm-punt tied the game and set into place the poo storm that followed. I expect no more of Cam than I did (or any Panther fan) did of Jake. When Jake kicked ass but threw it away in the clutch, people blamed Jake

The int was bad, but Cam is all you have and I would trade him for Rodgers right now in a heartbeat. Cam with Nelson and Cobb would be a monster offensive.

You guys could not even muster much yards against Tampa’s third string guys on prime time without Cam.

When Cam can’t bail your sorry team out, you blame him is all I am saying.

I just see it differently on the outside looking in, having a QB whom does not care and truly puts his team in bad situations, and whom is not a leader, that is questionable. Not a QB would put the team on their back and inspires them. Cam also does not throw teammates under the bus.

You guys complain about bitching, Greenbay fans will show you a true bitch.

14 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

That team's record?  7-5

Oh, the offense you say?

Michael Dyer - 5 TDs

Darvin Adams - 7 TDs

Terrell Zachary - 4 TDs

Emory Blake - 8 TDs

At least you didn't conveniently ignore Dyer's All-American season and the fact that Fairley was the most dominant force in college football. The offense had to be helped by the defense in the second half against Alabama (three points scored) and a vast majority of the national championship game

Yeah and I was the one with the agenda. OK.

Archived