• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers V.S Raiders: What Raider Fans Are Saying

Saca312

This week, the Panthers clash in the West against a fiery Oakland team that looks prime and ready to dominate. Led by ACDC, Cooper and Carr, the Oakland offense made a surprise explosion with talent and scary WRs. The Panthers look to prove that they still have the talent to contend, which is very much true, and overcome recent injuries. 

Speaking of injuries, here's some key injuries to note:

-Raiders CB David Amerson (knee) is listed as questionable, did not participate in practice Wednesday or Thursday, but was limited on Friday

-Raiders LB Michael Calhoun is out after knee surgery, leaving Irvin and Mack as the only two true pass rushers. (He basically is the guy who gives Mack and Irvin breaks, and does consistently good work)

-Raiders WR Michael Crabtree (ankle) was limited at practice Friday, and is questionable (likely) to play Sunday.

-Panthers DE Mario Addison, Luke Kuechly, and Ryan Kalil all out, Oher IR'd 

-Panthers CB Leonard Johnson questionable to return, and most likely a game day decision, based on reports of his experience of pain in chest areas.

Anyhow, as usual there's a different side to every story, so here's a peak at what Raiders fans are saying about the Panthers (although its not too much)

http://www.scout.com/nfl/raiders/forums/5427-oakland-raiders-forum-message-board?page=1

On Luke Kuechly's Concussion

image.jpeg

As much as I want to be happy that Luke won't play it makes me sad for the reason why. Was it Del Rio that said this week that he doesn't know a more respected guy throughout the league? 

I wish him the best and if it really becomes a situation in which his life is at stake then I hope he makes the right decision. I love football but concussions are no joke and his experience showed people who haven't seen the scariest part what tends to be hidden by TV. He was confused, lost, hurt, scared and it was honestly heart breaking when you remind yourself these guys are human.

Classy fan here. This concussion is a huge blow, for Luke Kuechly and the team. The fact this could've been a career ender is frightening in it of itself. Wishing Luke a speedy recovery and hoping he can still play if it's according to his best interests.

On Ron Rivera's Family Being Raider Fans:

image.jpeg

Pretty cool.. i wonder what the chances were of Rivera accepting a coaching position with the Raiders shortly prior to him accepting Panthers gig had it been offered to him. Im sure I can speak for all of us here by saying as a die hard Raider fan, regardless of how bad the team was at the time and despite the mess Al Davis made this organization at the time, would still have jumped at the opportunity of coaching their "favorite professional sports team" given the opportunity.

Can we trade ken norton jr for Rivera ?

Honestly, lots of fans in this fanbase would love to switch Rivera out for anyone.

However, I do think he's a half decent coach. Do understand he's won coach of the year a few times, and did lead us to a Superbowl last year. 

Now, does he need to get a new OC and fix up some of his terrible time management and 4th quarter regression? Yes. Heck yes.

But he's okay for a coach. Lots of worse options honestly.

On the Panthers coming into town:

Maybe they should go to church instead of the coliseum...
  • GEIAAAAAAAA1.jpg?w=227
  •  

good hope they have a tough time adjusting to the time change like it seems we've had going east.

I don't think that getting extra rest going west will affect much honestly. They'll definitely be fine.

Anyhow, Raiders should know better than to mess with big, fast, black cats

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Montsta said:

Weather here has been poo. Hopefully we can pound the rock in wet conditions because I think the Raiders struggle stopping the run from what my Raider fan friends have told me. 

Looks like it may be sunny at kickoff but I'd bet my left nut the field will be poo.

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USCA0791:1:US

I have absolutely no problem with Raider fans. Raiders and Browns fans are some of the most loyal fans out there tbh.

As for the game, we have a shot to win if our offense has one of those games. I just think we have to put up 30+ to have a chance in this one with some key defensive players out. I will know whether we have a shot by Cam's first few passes.

Archived