• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman

6 minutes ago, Manos said:

Do we really though? Because based on the growth and development of players on the field I'm not sure. I attribute most of our success to the raw athleticism and natural talent of guys like Cam and Luke. I mean we developed Norman into a decent technician but outside of him who has the staff really developed?

I grant it's debatable.

1 minute ago, gtanaka said:

I don't understand how you can blame gettleman when we've had an insane amount of injuries. We only had 1 starter from the oline starting in their actual position tonight. The biggest reasons for this season being terrible is the coaching and honestly Injuries.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Holy poo a noob that gets it. 

37 minutes ago, stbugs said:

the personnel he gave us was basically the team that was in the SB last year minus Norman and plus Benjamin.

This shows how Gettleblind you are.

Write out the losses and their roles from last year. Then write their replacements courtesy of Gettleman in the off season. Follow that up with an upgrade or downgrade rating.

I would do it for you, but you would just be blind to it.

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

This shows how Gettleblind you are.

Write out the losses and their roles from last year. Then write their replacements courtesy of Gettleman in the off season. Follow that up with an upgrade or downgrade rating.

I would do it for you, but you would just be blind to it.

And gettleman will be here next year cuz Richardson isn't an idiot like you or the other people that overreact to everything on this board. So, get ready to whine and cry for another season. however, if we win again like the last three years, I'm sure you won't be on here much. You only enjoy losing on here 

8 hours ago, bull123 said:

I'm sick of all of you defending this egomaniac

The personnel he gave us going into this year was putrid

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

LOL

Basically the same personnel that almost went undefeated and a trip to the superbowl. 

Brb DG is suppose to have a crystal ball to know

1) Poo ton of injuries

2) DL Regression

3) OL Regression

4) Play Calling Regression

5) Cam Regression

Do you even football brah?

Chuck is a goober.

It's flattering that so many people want to fall on their swords for Gettleman. But him, and Rivera have completely fugged this team this year. It's been a group effort. Even Ron with how things are currently playing out most likely will be back next season.

7 hours ago, PrimeTimeHeel said:

LOL

Basically the same personnel that almost went undefeated and a trip to the superbowl. 

Brb DG is suppose to have a crystal ball to know

1) Poo ton of injuries

2) DL Regression

3) OL Regression

4) Play Calling Regression

5) Cam Regression

Do you even football brah?

Your use of 'basically' tells me you know better.

Yes, the GM is suppose to assess the team and make it stronger every season by spotting the regression before it happens. This is why ineffective or aging players are suppose to be phased out and young players are suppose to be groomed. The only exception is when a team is beginning a rebuild. Do you believe the Panthers needed to be rebuilt following the 2015 season?

Here is a list of lost players and their replacements as well as weaknesses in 2015 that were never addressed to help you out:

1. Jerricho Cotchery: 3rd down slot receiver. Replacement: Funchess. Downgrade.
  2. Oher/Remmers. Overpaid with tender and extension. No improvement for a weak area against a schedule with significantly more top edge rushers compared to the 2015 schedule.
  3. Fozzy/Tolbert. Frankenstein back up RB. No effort made to find a capable back up. Trusted in CAP development which was another failure. No improvement.
  4. OL depth. Downgrade.
  5. Jared Allen: Starting DE and vet leader. Replacement: Kony Ealy/Mario Addison. Downgrade.
  6. Charles Johnson. Regressing due to injury and age. No replacement. No improvement. Should not be starting.
  7. Dwan Edwards. Consistent rotational vet DT. Replacement: Butler/Soliai. Downgrade. Soliai is overpaid and ineffective. Butler is struggling as a rookie (especially the run).
  8. Roman Harper. Starting SS and vet leader. Replacement: Kurt Coleman. Downgrade. Coleman is ineffective in the box, struggles with shallow angles, has trouble in man coverage off the line and is a weak tackler.
  9. Kurt Coleman FS. Excels at playing deep safety in zone coverage. Replacement: Tre Boston. Downgrade. Boston is hit and miss with a lack of consistency in judging his depth and reading the deep route while watching the QB.
  10. Peanut Tillman. Starting CB and vet leader with an edge at forcing fumbles and playing the run. Replacement: Daryl 'Whiff' Worley. Not very physical, horrible against the run, gets lost in coverage, and looks lost. Downgrade.
  11. Bene Benwikere. Solid nickel back and back up CB. Replacement. Robert McClain. Downgrade.
  12. Josh Norman. Starting all pro CB. Replacement: James '1st Down' Bradberry. Huge downgrade that easily lost at least 3 games this season for the Panthers.

So, there is your 'basically' the same roster. A bunch of downgrades and unattended weaknesses.

Now, let's look at upgrades.

1. Kelvin Benjamin. This I will list as an upgrade even though KB is in his sophomore season and coming back from an injury. The expectation was he would dominate. The result was inconsistent hands and sporadic play making ability. Overall the top 4 WRs production from 2015 to 2016 went down. I will still call this an upgrade even though there was no effort by the front office to improve the WR position.
  2. Ummm. Let's see. Searching. Still searching. No results found. That is all for upgrades in the off season.

Now, a look at what we all thought were reasonable expectations during the off season.

1. The record setting offense would naturally regress following a once in a decade type season. They would still be productive, but expecting the same production was not probable. Improvements were necessary with offensive depth and starting OT. Neither were addressed. The hope was for Daryl Williams to over take Remmers, a more threatening TE to replace Dickson, and CAP to overtake the Fozzy/Tolbert monster. Neither panned out. Not addressed for improvement.
  2. The defense would need to be consistent or better to make up for the expected regression of the offense.
  3. Charles Johnson needed to be a rotational back up.
  4. The rookie infused secondary would struggle.
  5. KB would need some time to continue his development and regain his powerful play coming back from injury.
  6. Remmers and Oher would still struggle with the edge rush.

So, why were NONE of these known issues addressed in the off season? If the front office addressed at least half of these known issues, the season would look much better. Instead, the front office did nothing to improve the team or keep them competitive while the Falcons, Bucs, and Saints all improved in the off season.

That is what was known before training camp began. The front office has no excuses and the coaches have excuses now because of the do nothing front office.

38 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Your use of 'basically' tells me you know better.

Yes, the GM is suppose to assess the team and make it stronger every season by spotting the regression before it happens. This is why ineffective or aging players are suppose to be phased out and young players are suppose to be groomed. The only exception is when a team is beginning a rebuild. Do you believe the Panthers needed to be rebuilt following the 2015 season?

Here is a list of lost players and their replacements as well as weaknesses in 2015 that were never addressed to help you out:

1. Jerricho Cotchery: 3rd down slot receiver. Replacement: Funchess. Downgrade.
  2. Oher/Remmers. Overpaid with tender and extension. No improvement for a weak area against a schedule with significantly more top edge rushers compared to the 2015 schedule.
  3. Fozzy/Tolbert. Frankenstein back up RB. No effort made to find a capable back up. Trusted in CAP development which was another failure. No improvement.
  4. OL depth. Downgrade.
  5. Jared Allen: Starting DE and vet leader. Replacement: Kony Ealy/Mario Addison. Downgrade.
  6. Charles Johnson. Regressing due to injury and age. No replacement. No improvement. Should not be starting.
  7. Dwan Edwards. Consistent rotational vet DT. Replacement: Butler/Soliai. Downgrade. Soliai is overpaid and ineffective. Butler is struggling as a rookie (especially the run).
  8. Roman Harper. Starting SS and vet leader. Replacement: Kurt Coleman. Downgrade. Coleman is ineffective in the box, struggles with shallow angles, has trouble in man coverage off the line and is a weak tackler.
  9. Kurt Coleman FS. Excels at playing deep safety in zone coverage. Replacement: Tre Boston. Downgrade. Boston is hit and miss with a lack of consistency in judging his depth and reading the deep route while watching the QB.
  10. Peanut Tillman. Starting CB and vet leader with an edge at forcing fumbles and playing the run. Replacement: Daryl 'Whiff' Worley. Not very physical, horrible against the run, gets lost in coverage, and looks lost. Downgrade.
  11. Bene Benwikere. Solid nickel back and back up CB. Replacement. Robert McClain. Downgrade.
  12. Josh Norman. Starting all pro CB. Replacement: James '1st Down' Bradberry. Huge downgrade that easily lost at least 3 games this season for the Panthers.

So, there is your 'basically' the same roster. A bunch of downgrades and unattended weaknesses.

Now, let's look at upgrades.

1. Kelvin Benjamin. This I will list as an upgrade even though KB is in his sophomore season and coming back from an injury. The expectation was he would dominate. The result was inconsistent hands and sporadic play making ability. Overall the top 4 WRs production from 2015 to 2016 went down. I will still call this an upgrade even though there was no effort by the front office to improve the WR position.
  2. Ummm. Let's see. Searching. Still searching. No results found. That is all for upgrades in the off season.

Now, a look at what we all thought were reasonable expectations during the off season.

1. The record setting offense would naturally regress following a once in a decade type season. They would still be productive, but expecting the same production was not probable. Improvements were necessary with offensive depth and starting OT. Neither were addressed. The hope was for Daryl Williams to over take Remmers, a more threatening TE to replace Dickson, and CAP to overtake the Fozzy/Tolbert monster. Neither panned out. Not addressed for improvement.
  2. The defense would need to be consistent or better to make up for the expected regression of the offense.
  3. Charles Johnson needed to be a rotational back up.
  4. The rookie infused secondary would struggle.
  5. KB would need some time to continue his development and regain his powerful play coming back from injury.
  6. Remmers and Oher would still struggle with the edge rush.

So, why were NONE of these known issues addressed in the off season? If the front office addressed at least half of these known issues, the season would look much better. Instead, the front office did nothing to improve the team or keep them competitive while the Falcons, Bucs, and Saints all improved in the off season.

That is what was known before training camp began. The front office has no excuses and the coaches have excuses now because of the do nothing front office.

I tried to read this but all I saw was

Image result for black screen

do you guys ever watch teams that are good and wish we were those teams or had those teams players, like on the offensive line

i was about to make a new thread because i think i'm the first person to have this thought, but decided to post it here instead

like the cowboys have a good offensive line.  bear with me now, but here's my idea: wouldn't it be great if our offensive line was as good as the cowboys?  i know it's a crazy idea that nobody here has ever been exposed to, but that's what the information super highway is for

Archived