• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera presser 12/5/16

CarolinaSunday

25 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

His time out to allow the Saints to win the game vs us via FG that one time was literally one of the dumbest fugin things you could possibly do as a coach at any level. 

Late play calls and silly TOs that we waste anyway as we never convert after we use it. Challenges like you say...lack of talent evaluation....I don't think preparation is good either as the penalties and discipline is always poo even when we win games.

I think he is a good DC honestly but he's quite terrible as a HC and wouldn't surprise me if he went back to DC I can't imagine this HC with the talent of say....the Jets, Jags, or Houston(I realize they aren't horrible but no Cam/Luke would be hard for Ron to look good).

That timeout call still comes up every time I see him. Thus, it was before half time and not the game winner, it was still top 3 of the worst coaches calls ever in NFL history imo. And you are on spot with the rest. I can`t believe he still has some support from fans even today.

Ron is full of s h i t. Learning experience for Cam? Really, Ron? How so? I'm not sure you've addressed this with him before, as he stated he's done it before and wasn't punished. This was a piss poor way of trying to tell a franchise QB he was replaceable and had it blow up in your face. We're talking about players checking out, Ron left the building months ago. And he will never take responsibility for the terrible coaching that has taken place. 

I'm not going to defend Ron by any means.  He's not the brightest crayon in the box and now he's probably pissed off the same players who he's treated as children for the last six years.

I've got to admit though that I'm pretty tired of the all divas on this team and that includes Cam probably near the top.  It's making following this team less enjoyable that it could be.

Give me lunch pail guys like TD, Luke, Olsen, Trai, CJ etc.. etc.. (there's a bunch of them on this team).    I want guys that scowl when they are the field (Oher and Norwell are the best scowlers on the team).  I want guys that can make a great play and hand the ball to the official and walk back to the huddle almost like they are bored.   

I don't want a team full of personalities.  Understand I don't care if they have them - I just don't want to see that during a game.   

I guess I need to stay at arm's length from each players "Brand" because at the end of the day I'm a Panthers fan, not a players fan.  

But yeah I think Ron's kind of created his own bed, and now he's gonna have to lay in it.

17 minutes ago, osd22 said:

That timeout call still comes up every time I see him. Thus, it was before half time and not the game winner, it was still top 3 of the worst coaches calls ever in NFL history imo. And you are on spot with the rest. I can`t believe he still has some support from fans even today.

Yea but we lost  30-27 that's what I mean really.

44 minutes ago, osd22 said:

He did the same thing in the Bucs game this year and it did cost us that game directly, so not only does it show how much of a moron he is it shows he doesn't recognize and learn from his own mistakes. Ron loves to talk about accountability but he never turns that lense back on himself.

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Cam is the only reason our franchise still somewhat has a future. Take or leave it. That's what happens when you draft a freak athlete with once in a life time skills. Players like Cam can dress in whatever the fug they want. He's the fugging franchise.

You don't get it.

Some people of, let us say, a certain "philosophy" would rather lose with "lunch pail guys" then win with "divas".

*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

You don't get it.

Some people of, let us say, a certain "philosophy" would rather lose with "lunch pail guys" then win with "divas".

*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Yes sir no sir..I get that for you. Dislike personality on the field makes game real boring ..that is for me...You would never get to see the personality if it was not displayed on the field because thats who they are.

6 hours ago, ok2h8pep said:

I'm not going to defend Ron by any means.  He's not the brightest crayon in the box and now he's probably pissed off the same players who he's treated as children for the last six years.

I've got to admit though that I'm pretty tired of the all divas on this team and that includes Cam probably near the top.  It's making following this team less enjoyable that it could be.

Give me lunch pail guys like TD, Luke, Olsen, Trai, CJ etc.. etc.. (there's a bunch of them on this team).    I want guys that scowl when they are the field (Oher and Norwell are the best scowlers on the team).  I want guys that can make a great play and hand the ball to the official and walk back to the huddle almost like they are bored.   

I don't want a team full of personalities.  Understand I don't care if they have them - I just don't want to see that during a game.   

I guess I need to stay at arm's length from each players "Brand" because at the end of the day I'm a Panthers fan, not a players fan.  

But yeah I think Ron's kind of created his own bed, and now he's gonna have to lay in it.

You have a right to your opinion, but you need personalities. Those personalities got us to the SB, those personalities helped the Broncos win the SB (they had more than we did) and those same personalities was dancing on the field as Gano missed the FG cause they just beat us fuging twice, while a lot of our personalities are somewhere else. You right we have a lot of lunch pail guys and we're on our way to 4-12

7 hours ago, SamMills4Life said:

Rivera is just terrible in all respects. He has continually failed in time management, challenges, time outs, talent evaluation, and now as a player coach. He's lost control of this team and I'm done with him. Time for change.

This is exactly why he's gotta go.  His ONE saving grace, the only thing he had going for him was his players played hard for him.  He was a motivator.  It sure as poo wasn't his football coaching skills. Game management, player evaluations, coordinator management, situational awareness and adjustment, all of that he hasn't improved on in the slightest.  Still absolutely terrible.  Without the one trick he had, he's a waste of time.  

Archived