• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry VS Norman - Similar Play, Different Results

Saca312

I don't think there are many fans who wouldn't want Josh here this year. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

If we still had Josh, would we still have Bradberry? But man, is it not nice to think about having both. But alas, that didn't happen.

If we still had Josh, would we have Worley? Probably not. Sad to think we wouldn't have this kid. I was skeptical, but he has won me over.

Lot's of what ifs this year. And the frustration is understandable. But let's not get carried away with the comparisons just yet. It may be fun to do as a fan. But...I got nothin'. It IS fun to compare players. And who better than two whole share so much?

Man, this year just kinda took the wind right outta our sails.

15 hours ago, CatMan72 said:

Yup, just because it wasn't Norman's responsibility doesn't mean he couldn't or shouldn't have made a play on the ball to Ginn. 

Bradberry's understanding of the game is already equal or greater than Norman's and light years ahead of where Norman was as a rookie. Combine that with the fact that Bradberry is bigger AND faster and we've got something special brewing. There's a reason Norman was a 5th round pick and Bradberry was a 2nd. 

Richard Sherman was a late round pick. The greatest qb in NFL history was a late round pick. Alex Smith was drafted before Aaron Rodgers. So you can save all that draft position means you're better talk. 

I never decried the Bradberry pick unto itself. I said from early on that he seems to take a more cerebral approach to the position and the game than his predecessor (not that J-No doesn't). Bradberry is a more disciplined rookie than Josh was, at the very least, which is a good thing.

My thing is that Gettleman let J-No off the hook this year and shouldn't have. No one is going to convince me otherwise. My other thing is, which is admittedly speculation, is that Gettleman would have likely been able to draft Bradberry and Worley one round later (respectively).  I believe that Bradberry would have been available in round 3, and there is no need to try and convince me otherwise because it is speculation (though educated speculation based upon the flow of the draft after the fact).

I guess that I should have aired some grievances in the Festivus thread, as I am tired of people comparing the two because it is pretty useless, but, even still, I feel compelled to respond, especially when they use Bradberry's relative success as a means to let Gettleman off the hook as the one most responsible for blowing the team's opportunity to get back to the Super Bowl this year.

Just now, Krovvy said:

I don't know if this means anything, but the Panthers are currently last in defensive net passing yards.

That attributes to them getting short gains and passes over the middle, not to mention DeSean's lucky catches that no human should make.

The corners are doing great. What matters is the score. What's our red zone defense like?

I guess OP took one questionable play from Norman in a different defense and searched to find Bradberry's best play he made with us this year to validate his argument that was a waste of time. Wow, 24th or 26th, both fuging suck. Put Norman back in this defense and he's top ten, that's if QBs even throw to his side of the field. It annoys the piss out of me that people on this board go out of their way to show they are in denial about losing Norman.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

I guess OP took one questionable play from Norman in a different defense and searched to find Bradberry's best play he made with us this year to validate his argument that was a waste of time. Wow, 24th or 26th, both fuging suck. Put Norman back in this defense and he's top ten, that's if QBs even throw to his side of the field. It annoys the piss out of me that people on this board go out of their way to show they are in denial about losing Norman.

That's a whole lotta entertainment in one little ol' paragraph.

First you claim it is a waste of time to use evidence that makes Bradberry look good. Then you claim they both "Fuging" suck. Then top it off touting how good Josh would be if he were here. All to get to your point. That's not a bad rollercoaster ride right there.

You cannot dismiss one form of evidence, only to substitute your own. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

But to me, the most puzzling aspect of your rant? Is the fact that you claim they both suck, but defend Josh. And even postulate top ten status for him. If they both suck? Why bother in the first place?

That my Huddle friend is fine use of contradiction, speculation, and tap dancing, to get to your point. That you mad at folks for moving on from Josh.

Very few are happy Josh is not here. Why is that so hard to see? Some blame Josh, and some blame Gman. But there are plenty of threads, and posts, that suggest folks are unhappy Josh is gone.

Now, can we be happy teh Rooks may pan out? I would hope so. Just don't hate us for it.

8 hours ago, Saca312 said:

That attributes to them getting short gains and passes over the middle, not to mention DeSean's lucky catches that no human should make.

The corners are doing great. What matters is the score. What's our red zone defense like?

The Panthers are also in the bottom eight teams of points allowed.

5 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

The Panthers are also in the bottom eight teams of points allowed.

I think that also includes some outliers.

Against Seattle, we were without our starting safety in Coleman.

I really do want to see the metrics if we look at the games without anyone injured, because I think we'd be in the top 10 if so.

That includes the Falcons and 1st Saints game, along with Seattle as data that should be rid of, since at least one person in the secondary was injured for most or all of the game.

I know those games happened, but I think we could have a better view of our defense if we saw the games where we didn't have injured players those games.

2 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I have no clue who you are but with your logic I seriously doubt anyone in life takes you seriously so that's ok with me too bud.  Happy holidays.

Obviously you don't understand common logic or statistics for that matter. It's ok though, we need people like you in this world to remind us why intelligence is important. Marry Christmas to you. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Obviously you don't understand common logic or statistics for that matter. It's ok though, we need people like you in this world to remind us why intelligence is important. Marry Christmas to you. 

You too :)

Archived