• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams opinions

AU-panther

Given the nightmare scenario of 

1-Garrett

2- Adams

3-S. Thomas 

4-Fournette

5-Allen

6-Lattimore

7-Hooker

8??????????

Ooooh boy this would not be ideal- That pretty much leaves us with Barnett, Howard, Ross, Davis, and Mike Williams

Given that I'd most like to take Howard or Williams- at least give Cam some more weapons. Hope we can nab a DE by trading up into the first or with one of our two second round picks

9 hours ago, SOJA said:

Given the nightmare scenario of 

1-Garrett

2- Adams

3-S. Thomas 

4-Fournette

5-Allen

6-Lattimore

7-Hooker

8??????????

Ooooh boy this would not be ideal- That pretty much leaves us with Barnett, Howard, Ross, Davis, and Mike Williams

Given that I'd most like to take Howard or Williams- at least give Cam some more weapons. Hope we can nab a DE by trading up into the first or with one of our two second round picks

That scenario would pretty easily be OJ Howard in my opinion.

Mike Williams is a very good player - but he is not at all what this team needs.  We already have two receivers that we drafted early who are in the Mike Williams vein.

Ignore his pro-day 40 time.  He does not have 4.5 game speed.  He reminds me a like of Nuke Hopkins - he'll be a good one, but on another team.

5 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

That scenario would pretty easily be OJ Howard in my opinion.

Mike Williams is a very good player - but he is not at all what this team needs.  We already have two receivers that we drafted early who are in the Mike Williams vein.

Ignore his pro-day 40 time.  He does not have 4.5 game speed.  He reminds me a like of Nuke Hopkins - he'll be a good one, but on another team.

I came up with an even more nightmarish one- Tenn takes Howard ...ugh. 

I can't figure out whether or not Mike Williams would be good for us, but I definitely don't think you're off base

11 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I came up with an even more nightmarish one- Tenn takes Howard ...ugh. 

I can't figure out whether or not Mike Williams would be good for us, but I definitely don't think you're off base

In that case, I'm afraid Gettleman would pick another DT in Allen.

I'd prefer to grab the top receiver in the draft (Davis or Ross) - either of which would be a dynamic wideout which could take some pressure off of Cam, Olsen, and most importantly Benjamin.  

Or we could try to trade out of the pick with a team that needs a QB and wants to beat the Bengals/Bills/Browns to the punch.

I think we will have good options on draft night.

I see drafting Williams as the same as the Lions going with the 3 big WRs.
KB had a bad year last year. But rookie season prior to injury looked like a stud and coming out of camp year 2 and everyone in the organization hyped as a probowler.
He looked lazy etc this year but dont know how his recovery went and if he was behind to start the season not back to full speed
Funch has only played 2 seasons and has shown flashes again way to early

So no Way should we go draft yet another big target WR. Way bigger needs. Get a solid Slot or deep man in round 2-4 and we'll be fine
Throw in a Chris Godwin in the 2nd and ill be fine with this group.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

45 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

In that case, I'm afraid Gettleman would pick another DT in Allen.

I'd prefer to grab the top receiver in the draft (Davis or Ross) - either of which would be a dynamic wideout which could take some pressure off of Cam, Olsen, and most importantly Benjamin.  

Or we could try to trade out of the pick with a team that needs a QB and wants to beat the Bengals/Bills/Browns to the punch.

I think we will have good options on draft night.

ugh I'm not sure how I feel about Allen, those shoulders plus him not really being a 4-3 D-End scare me

I agree trading at that point might be our best option- then nab Ross or Davis a few picks later

8 minutes ago, SOJA said:

ugh I'm not sure how I feel about Allen, those shoulders plus him not really being a 4-3 D-End scare me

I agree trading at that point might be our best option- then nab Ross or Davis a few picks later

I don't want Allen for the same reason.  The athletic testing was brutal.

But Stephen White has a different view on Allen.  Felt a bit better after reading this:

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/14/14828682/jonathan-allen-scouting-report-breakdown-2017-nfl-draft

He's a skinnier shorter KB, nope. What we are missing in terms of WR options is pure speed and/or route running/ YAC ability. KB, Funchess, Williams, all big and slow possession WR would be a waste of a pick.

If the Panthers are dead set on getting a WR they should select either Corey Davis , John Ross, OJ Howard (yes he's another receiving option) , or better yet get even better value for one by getting Dede Westbrook in the 2nd or 3rd and using the 1st rounder for true BPA.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 9:42 AM, Panthro said:

This years Breshad Perriman

The two receivers are night and day. Come on, Panthro, at least do a cursory look before you post something this inaccurate on the board.

Perriman was a late riser who opened eyes with his sub 4.3 speed. There was still a lot of rawness to his game, and he was basically a developmental project.

Davis is a technician at running routes---the best route runner in this draft class by a marked degree. He is an able blocker. His hands are really not an issue like Perriman's were because his drop rate wasn't nearly as bad, and his 16 drops over his career really were focus drops (trying to run before he secured the ball). Davis is also a natural hands catcher that attacks the ball. He could stand to time his jumps just a little better, but, like Mike Williams, he has made some unbelievable catches. Basically, his game is polished, and Perriman's wasn't at all. Davis has the upside of a WR1 coming out of the gate. WR2 is his floor. Perriman had some bust potential (and it wasn't injury related). Davis doesn't really have an injury history either, though he's on the shelf maybe for another week or two right now. His surgery was minor, but unfortunately it precluded him from doing his thing at the scouting combine. He looks to be faster than some may believe though as there is some tape of him outrunning DBs. He's not a speed merchant like Perriman though, the ONLY reason why Perriman went so high. When Davis goes higher (and, yes, I said it), it will be because he is a complete receiver, the most complete coming out of this draft, and arguably the one with the most upside.

Archived