• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Cam isn't good at the short, quick throws"

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

I didn't type anything incorrect. 

What does his personal life or who he chose to be in a relationship with or where he shops/what he wears have to do with how he trains in the offseason? Lol, I don't understand. It's kinda umm, pointless. 

17 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

What the hell is the difference between a rhythm in a no huddle and with one? To use your own argument, he won MVP with an offense that moved slower in between plays than poo rolls uphill.

and lol clutching the MVP award. Do they hand out lombardis for that now?

We moved slow in second halfs of games when we went conservative, but for the most part our offense we went uptempo last season.

But what would a mouth breather like you know 

3 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

What does his personal life or who he chose to be in a relationship with or where he shops/what he wears have to do with how he trains in the offseason? Lol, I don't understand. It's kinda umm, pointless. 

Because the leagues best passing QBs aren't making nickelodeon shows while they should be perfecting their craft. 

But it's cool he won an MVP last season while playing running back. 

Keep whispering that to yourselves while the panthers don't play next week. 

An E-P would be ideal, but let's talk WCO for a moment.

The reason so many West Coast systems have mobile quarterbacks is because RBs and second TEs are generally sent out in patterns rather than staying in to block. Protecting the QB is pretty much all on the offensive line, so you need a QB that can run if something goes wrong.

Basically, it could mean fewer people protecting Cam. 

Now, the flipside this is that West Coast systems emphasize getting the ball out quickly so that the QB doesn't need to worry as much about getting hit. Some also tend to emphasize timing routes and throwing to a spot rather than reading a receiver.

So the question becomes more than just whether he can make short quick throws. It's whether you think Cam could thrive in the overall system or not.

Just now, electro's horse said:

Because the leagues best passing QBs aren't making nickelodeon shows while they should be perfecting his craft. 

But it's cool he won an MVP last season while playing running back. 

Keep whispering that to yourselves while the panthers don't play next week. 

Lol so you're mad he took an opportunity to do something for kids and make money and didn't train the entire offseason the way you wanted him to? I don't think any of that had to do with much because he kept the same schedule. 

But tell me again what you want Cam to do. Maybe he will log on to the huddle and see it and go "ooh there's the key to my success!" Lmao

Cam still has areas to improve in his game but I laugh at posters that mention Nickelodeon or Cigarettes as the main reason for the decline. I just want a new QB coach and offensive coordinator with better play design and situational awareness. Dorsey and Shula don't have a track record, nobody called either one of them for an interview after leading the NFL in points scored and having the league MVP last year. I could understand in 2013, having Shula as the OC to keep continuity for a 3rd year QB in Cam, but if Rivera wants to see Cam and this offense to "evolve" he needs to bring in someone new 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The reason so many West Coast systems have mobile quarterbacks is because RBs and second TEs are generally sent out in patterns rather than staying in to block. Protecting the QB is pretty much all on the offensive line, so you need a QB that can run if something goes wrong.

Now, the flipside this is that West Coast systems emphasize getting the ball out quickly so that the QB doesn't need to worry as much about getting hit. Some also tend to emphasize timing routes and throwing to a spot rather than reading a receiver.

So the question becomes more than just whether he can make short quick throws. It's whether you think Cam could thrive in the overall system or not.

Mike McCoy is looking for a job now.

Is his offense more Seifert? Or Fox?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is what i've been saying for the longest when people keep talking about Cam doesn't check down. No, the panthers doesn't use their RB in the passing game enough. A change is needed now opposed to later. At this point I just don't want the air coryell anymore and I definitely don't want Shula as the OC. The man has done absolutely nothing major in his career to be our OC for Cam Newton this far in. It's absurd and insanely ignorant on management to keep him there. It's time to start blaming higher than Ron, cause it's obvious as hell he should go

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Now, the flipside this is that West Coast systems emphasize getting the ball out quickly so that the QB doesn't need to worry as much about getting hit.

Considering that the NFL has established open-season on Cam Newton, I don't think this aspect of the WC would be as effective with Cam as the QB.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is one area I'd like to see improvement on Cam's part. I don't see it much, I think he waits for receivers to get open rather than anticipate it. One reason he holds on to the ball so long and takes too many hits.

Weather Cam can or cannot hit the short passes consistently is the question.

So far, Cam has been a "see it send it" type player.  Either that's who he is (my opinion) or it's how he's been coached (possible), but that's what we have seen so far.  Lot's of big armed QB's are like that.

To adjust to a WCO or an EP, he will have to change the way that he plays, and sees the field......let's see if he can do it.

Archived